Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: On the Couch - What a joke......

Living in 2005
    Originally posted by hammo
    If he was a decent coach why did he leave Brisbane when he did? He could've stayed on and coached their young stars like Voss - instead he went to Richmond.
    Since that disastrous career move no one has been knocking down the door for his services.
    Didn't he just want to leave Brisbane and return to Melbourne? Therefore the swap with Northey was perfect? and also, I thought he simply just didn't want to coach anymore after the bad experience he had at Richmond?

He has acheived a lot more than most coaches currently coaching in the AFL ever will.

Walls shouldn't be remembered for Richmond, as Blight shouldn't be remembered for St. Kilda.

Originally posted by Nico
    No they didn't. They talked about lightening and Nicks.

They talked about Brisbane for 20 minutes about players we already know about adnausium. Did the Brown thing to death.

You would reckon come finals they would look at all the sides. Us and WCE didn't play in the finals if you listen Melbourne media.
    Well then, it will be a pretty quite GF week then won't it? I can hear the crickets now.
    If u don't believe me, I will knock your bloody teeth out and not pay you a cent.

Blog Entries
    Good. We don't need to read/hear how good the Swans are. Neither do Roos and the team. I does not fuss me that we get pretty much ignored by the Melb media. Lets face it, the Swans could win the flag and it all we would hear from Melb would be drivel about salary concessions, and all we would hear from opposition fans would be garbage about the Swans 'rugby' style of footy being bad for the game. Who cares? Let them eat cake...

That said, some more coverage in Sydney/NSW media, and in depth coverage discussing the sublties of the game, would not hurt. League is vulnerable I think, and Swans success could bring a few converts.

On the Rookie List
    the problem was also the Brown incident, spent a lot of time on that. There was a lopsided discussion of the Saints due to Thomas being on.
    LIFE GOES ON

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Originally posted by Damien
    I quite like Wallsy. Seems very fair.
    Robert Walls was the only expert I remember that tipped the Swans to make the finals last year.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

The Walls Football Academy

Living in 2005

Re: The Walls Football Academy

Yes was horrific, but doesn't make him less successful nor a bad judge of football.

Blog Entries

Re: The Walls Football Academy

I think it would be great at Auskick, I'll just have to run it by the other parents...

Originally posted by Thunder Shaker
    Robert Walls was the only expert I remember that tipped the Swans to make the finals last year.
    That's right. I've been a bit off him this year as he was one who was singing our praises all of last year. But his abrupt about face this year has me bamboozled. We still play pretty much the same style game. But after we were touted as being boring during the first Lion's game he's just not shown the same support. Which annoys me.
    Here's my heart and you can break it
    I need some release, release, release
    We need
    Love and peace

We played in the only non Victorian final.

All last week we got told our game would show who could possibly be the REAL threat for the GF this year. We were two teams in excellent form, everyone couldn't wait to see who won and we get a measley two minutes at the end of the show!!! Although it doesn't surprise me.

Robert Walls is a dill. I don't know how he can commentate on Sydney games with all his useless information he has on them.

Go Swans Always
    they gave heaps on Brown incident - but saying it should be wrestling - would love to get them by the throat and pull them down with such a force like Brown did.
    It would be a joke if Brown gets off - only helped along by the press - they went to so much trouble to show other incidents and help their cause - but fair go - the St Kilda player was very lucky he didn't choke!!!!
    Love those Swans

Walls has led the charge about the Swans being boring and ruining the "aesthetics of the game". He rarely mentions the exciting aspects of Sydney's play or dares give Roos credit for being the innovative and daring coach that he is.

All I can say is that I am glad I am not a Fremantle fan. The Dockers cop more criticism on that couch than any other club.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast