Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: plugger on BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBH

On the Rookie List
    Don't undersestimate how versatile Plugger was, I will never forget the game were the rampageing Eagles came againist the usually dissapointing Saints and Plugger started in the ruck killed them for the first five minutes (before he was moved back to FF) and were up bye 3 or 4 goals the Eagles just didn't know what to do he won every knock and roamed around like he owened the joint of course once the Eagles re-adjusted it was all over. But just an example of what the great man was capable of I doubt Hall(who I rate) will ever have that sort of presence.

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    I don't think Barry Hall has any right to even be considered on the same scale as Tony Lockett. Lockett was a champion, Barry Hall is an OK player who can play well, but seeing him every week from close up I still feel he has a great great deal of improvement in his skills, let alone for lapses in discipline.

First Plugger always kicked through the ball when he was shooting for goals. He rarely missed gettable ones from a set shot. You look at Barry; he can get very very lazy with his kicking from a set shot from about 20-30 metres out. Often he stabs at the ball, often it misses, for a team that lost 9 games under 10 points last year it could be deemed that these lapses in basic kicking technique/application have been highly costly.

Unlike Plugger, Barry spends all of his time playing for frees. I know Plugger simply couldn't buy one when he was playing. But at least he wasn't being a prima donna and worrying about things like that all the time. Especially when there was a teammate he could flip out a quick disposal to. Seriously, you watch Hall tomorrow and how often he starts flapping his arms around at the umps in a Richardsonesque tantrum.

I'm not saying Hall isn't a good player. And I'm not saying that he isn't capable of leading the goalkicking one year. I just thought Plugger was a more wholehearted honest footy player than Hall ever will be. Plugger is a out and out champion, Hall is just a good forward. Who could be A LOT BETTER!

JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12