Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: what was your fav game of 2004 ?

Ugh - now I see 'the journey'!!

The win over Brisbane at the SCG was great, but the last quarter was one of the most pathetic, boring and embarrassing quarters I have ever witnessed!!
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

OldE
    In spite of the pathetic footy we played, I did like the Saints final simply because it was my first-ever trip to Melbourne and my first-ever trip to the MCG. It was like a footy pilgrimage. Definitely an experience to remember

Eirinn

On the Rookie List
    best wins 2004...1.carlton at optus..2.collwood at stadium aust...its just magic beating those b'tards...then brisbane and st.kilda in at the scg...hopefully in 2005 all 25 wins will be special especially the last win at the mcg in sept

For me it was the Carlton game because I was there on the terraces with the unbelievably stupid Carlton fans who have NO BLOODY IDEA of the rules of the game. And then to see that ridiculous turnaround when we flicked the switch and came from 5 goals down!!!!! Ha, ha, ha.....(but I did keep a lid on it at the ground, I'm not suicidal!)

Most luxurious performance was, of course, against St. Kilda at the SCG.

I'm going to splurge on a $129 membership instead of an $89 one this year...so I might get to see my first game in Sydney....and the Grand final. What the hell!
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

Probably the West Coast final for me. We got absolutely soaked through, but the atmosphere with the thunder and lightening was awesome. It made a slightly boring game much more thrilling. I also wasn't really sure that we were going to win, so the result was nice too.

I didn't/don't have a fav but my worst game I went to was the Port Adel game. Not only because we lost, It was the first drive on the Hwy for this year, I wasn't used to it, I was stuffed & I am not a fan of Adelaide the place itself.
    Vicky Pollard: Oh my god I so can't believe you just said that this is like the time I threw Anita's nokia in the canal as a joke and she's like you have well got to buy me another one and I'm like get over it and then Paul came over who's adopted anyway and started saying that I fancy Mark Bennett but oh my god just because I have sex with someone doesn't mean I fancy them.

worst game of 2004 was the saints final!
    or the kangaroos game at the scg
    Theres not much left to say

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Originally posted by NMWBloods
    Ugh - now I see 'the journey'!!

The win over Brisbane at the SCG was great, but the last quarter was one of the most pathetic, boring and embarrassing quarters I have ever witnessed!!
    Not for myseld Benny-W and Ando. We used the time to sing ourselves to a standstand. The "Stand up if you love the Swans" song was started during that last quarter, much to the dislike of the cocky Melbourne-based Brisbane Cheer Squad.

When games get boring, I like to make my own fun where I can.

JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Originally posted by eirinn
    In spite of the pathetic footy we played, I did like the Saints final simply because it was my first-ever trip to Melbourne and my first-ever trip to the MCG. It was like a footy pilgrimage. Definitely an experience to remember

Eirinn
    The highlight of the year for me was my first trip to Perth. Everything was new and interesting. And I got to meet the WA Swans Supporters Club as well. The 2nd trip was way too long; finding things to do for 5 days in Perth kind of dries up after 2 days.

Best game of the year-St Kilda & SCG from Essendon @ Telstra and Pies @ Telstra. North in Canberra was fun, but the bus trip was long and boring, unlike last year. Driving to Adelaide for the Port game was classic fun as well. Even though we lost we were having a great time laughing and entertaining the locals with our songs. We even received the odd 'express-delivered chicken wing" in return in the West Lakes mall carpark.

Worst, North game at SCG. I broke down at the end of the match. And was only worse when I realised what had happened.I just remember that after-match, with the raucous North supporters next door. I recall walking down Forveau St fighting off tears with all these wanker Wallaby supporters asking the score and not getting a reply. Then coming home to the abuse the players copped here. A really sickening night.

The St Kilda final was mega mega depressing. I was in a foul mood the next day. Angry, bewildered, down, frustrated, LET DOWN (again!). Then seeing that the interest of everybody in Sydney drift to ANYTHING but AFL is pretty depressing.
    JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

the final made me want to chuck myself out the window
    Theres not much left to say

The players (with only a few exceptions) deserved the abuse they copped here after the loss to the Kangaroos.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Back, strapped and intact dread and might's Avatar
    the can is open...........
    I wish my weed was EMO so it would cut itself

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast