Thread: Swans Preview Thursday 7.30pm

Veterans List

Swans Preview Thursday 7.30pm

The Swans pre season preview will be on Fox Footy at 7.30pm on Thursday.

Paul Roos will be interviewed for 30 minutes as per standard procedure.

Just thought I would let you all know so you have time to get your priorities right for Thursday evening.

Veteran Site Admin
    Bump.

It starts in a few minutes (in case anyone is lurking unaware!)

Nothing special, just the normal questions and answers that we all have come to expect from Roos.
    Once was, now elsewhere

Agree Robbie, pretty shallow interview.

Roos comments:

Main concerns with team last year revolved around the midfield: lack of gamebreakers, too many turnovers, and inadequate ball skills. We were 16th last year for F50 entries.
    So why did we recruit Spriggs???

When asked would we play Ball, Doyle and Jolly together the answer was YES. Roos also nominated (prompted by KB) Doyle as the player who could be the big improver for 2005.

Accepted that our recruiting policy is influenced by the greater need to remain competitive than other clubs, but said no more 27+ year olds would be taken.

Token and prompted raps for Leo and ROK.

Little mention of our man Monty ? keeping him under the radar?

I would have preferred somebody other than Bartlett as the expert interrogator ? he gave too many shallow and easy to answer questions.
    Pay peanuts get monkeys

Veterans List
    Unlike Robert Walls, Bartlett knows what he is talking about.

It was a question and answer interview just like all the club's sessions have been. I thought Roos gave plenty of encouragement regarding depth and the tone of his replies to me was one of genuine confidence and expectation of improvement in a number of players. I got the hint that he is qiuetly confident of a very good year. Bit too judgemental by some folk at this time of the year.

Thought the team had a few in there that wont be in R1.

Originally posted by Nico
    Unlike Robert Walls, Bartlett knows what he is talking about.

It was a question and answer interview just like all the club's sessions have been. I thought Roos gave plenty of encouragement regarding depth and the tone of his replies to me was one of genuine confidence and expectation of improvement in a number of players. I got the hint that he is qiuetly confident of a very good year. Bit too judgemental by some folk at this time of the year.

Thought the team had a few in there that wont be in R1.
    That best 22 was a joke. For example Goodes was named at CHF and Hall at FF when we know that Hall is to be played out of CHF. However they did make the point that picking the Swans Best 22 was hard to judge because of the amount of players who you leave out being worthy of senior selection.

Also Roos did flag Goodes as being able to play ruck-rover.
    Once was, now elsewhere

Originally posted by robbieando
    That best 22 was a joke. For example Goodes was named at CHF and Hall at FF when we know that Hall is to be played out of CHF. However they did make the point that picking the Swans Best 22 was hard to judge because of the amount of players who you leave out being worthy of senior selection.

Also Roos did flag Goodes as being able to play ruck-rover.
    In truth Hall tends to play from the top of the goal square about 20 meters out, so FF as is stated is not so totally off mark when describing his position. O'Keefe tends to play more of a traditional CHF role than Hall does.

But this has more to do with the fact we need Bazza to kick 60 to 80 goals a year and due to the size of the SCG.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

I couldn't watch it because Dora and Boots were outwitting an evil magician over on Nick Jr.

On the Rookie List
    Is it just me, or has the gas burner that was Darren Jolly been turned down to very low?

My pre-season prediction on Darren is that he will play 3rd fiddle ruck.

Reckon Bally and Doyley will do better under the new ruck rules and both are better forwards for when that switch is required.

I think Roosy may have already identified Jolly as a backman.

Originally posted by TheHood
    Is it just me, or has the gas burner that was Darren Jolly been turned down to very low?

My pre-season prediction on Darren is that he will play 3rd fiddle ruck.

Reckon Bally and Doyley will do better under the new ruck rules and both are better forwards for when that switch is required.

I think Roosy may have already identified Jolly as a backman.
    Although hes more athletic than many ruckmen, hes not mobile enough to play key position in the backline, unless its on a ruckman whos resting at FF.

Originally posted by Sanecow
    I couldn't watch it because Dora and Boots were outwitting an evil magician over on Nick Jr.
    Backpack Backpack.
    Sit down or i swear to God i'll have you shot.