Thread: Black Diamond Wrap

Sweet home Novacastria

Black Diamond Wrap

So after 2 rounds, Terrigal are the only undefeated side in the league, after beating us by 3 goals & Nelson Bay by 44. Everyone else is 1 & 1 except for newly promoted Wyong Lakes who have gone close both weeks.

Round 1 was one that should have gone our way, with a couple of costly misses from in front of the sticks and the untouchable nephew of a former tennis star being able to kick a goal from general play despite being 2 metres over the boundary line.
    While on the costly misses, can anyone tell me how a player can get 50m, from inside the arc, to be pulled up for a shot with the mark 1m from goal, be told to play on 2m from goal, then have a player run from BEHIND him to dive & touch the ball, to have the Field ump call all clear for a point?? We had all the play but blew it, seriously, we lost it Terrigal didn't win.

Round 2 was ours from the outset. Killarney Vale, despite their buying spree were not up to it. Claims were made they had 6 out but i couldn't see it (we were missing about the same) and as they say to win a comp you need at least 30 first graders.
    The Ex Eagle was far and away their best, but, he won't be able to carry them. The former Bulldog was not sighted...very quiet.

It seems from the early look to be us & terrigal again. City, W Bay, N Bay & Killarney will be fighting for the final 2 spots in the 4. It is fair to say though the gap is getting closer. I doubt we will give N Bay a 30 goaler like last year.

This week sees us take on Gosford, who won their first in over a year in round 1. Terrigal are home to Wyong, Killarney Vale host Nelson Bay & Warners Bay are home to City. The last 2 games should tell how close the final 4 will be. Both of the Bays have added some new timber but have been unable to fully put it together just yet.
    I'll be barracking for both of the bay's though this week, given the dislike for their opponents

Check out www.bdafl.com.au for all the news

Almost Football Legend
    Great report Northern_Swan. Looks like an interesting season ahead in the Black Diamond comp - keep us posted.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Sweet home Novacastria
    Hot off the Press:
    BDAFL to take on Hume League on May 21 Down south, while the Under 18's take on Canberra the Same Day

Originally posted by Northern_Swan
    Hot off the Press:
    BDAFL to take on Hume League on May 21 Down south, while the Under 18's take on Canberra the Same Day
    looks to be a cracker weekend of footy,Northern Riverina FL take on Central West and Riverina v Farrer,i reckon if i went down there id go crazy,footy nut paradise.but Hume v BDiamond should be great watching..... hows Cardiff going North?is Austie still having a dip?keep up these reports too,unbiased and informative.

Regular in the Side
    I know for a fact Killarney Vale had 4 of their better players at a wedding, cambourn and another went off with injuries in the opening minutes and a couple more out for other reasons. They probably lack depth to really complete with the top 2 but should make the finals and if their squad is intact could definitely cause an upset. I would think their top 6 players could match it any other teams top 6 in the BDAFL.

Sweet home Novacastria
    hows Cardiff going North?is Austie still having a dip?keep up these reports too,unbiased and informative.
    Austie's away on a course at present.
    I'll Keep up the reports & me, Biased, Never!

Sweet home Novacastria
    Last week saw us take on Gosford in what on paper was going to be a lop sided contest, and it was.
    Interestingly, our side resembled a reserve grade outfit, missing some handy players (understatement) and probably didnt put on as much of a score as they could have. In saying that a 110 point win is pretty good in anyones books!
    Given the notable absences & Uni holidays seeing a few take off to far flung points of the state to visit the family, I manage to get a kick in the 2's which was a lot of fun. Almost makes me want to start training again!!
    Killarney got back into the winners circle, against Nelson Bay who i thought would have put up more of a fight. Looking at the results though it looks like the Bay were missing a few (including a state Under 16 player and that kid CAN play) Killarney won by 16 goals. Will be interesting to see how much closer it will be up there. The Bay tend to struggle down on the coast with players availability. It is a bloody dong way though.
    Terrigal beat Wyong by 10 goals but the interesting thing is there was only 3 goals in it up to half time. Wether fitness is the issue or Wyong are just troubled with inexperience (most of their side is 21 and under) it remains to be seen. Though if they keep their young blokes together they will be specials for finals footy in 2-3 yrs
    Warners Bay looked to have blown it again against City. Larko, their coach, must be tearing his hair out as they have led at 1/2 time each week before going down in 2 out of 3. They have recruited some quality cattle this year and hopefully for them it will all gel together soon.

Gosford will host Terrigal on Saturday in a game which may get messy. Gosford council have not yet put up lights at Terrigals ground and they have gone ant started training at Gosfords ground at the same time. Understandibly Gosford aren't happy!

Killarney Vale host Warners bay in one the Dogs will be desparate to win. Hopefully Warners Bay's new blokes will gel or it could be messy.

City host Nelson Bay in what will be a close game if the Bay's RAAF contingent are available. City should get home though

We travel to Wyong to play our bogey side. In the last few years when Wyong only had reserves, they beat us by a goal or less on every occasion. Our experienced players should ensure we get the points in the 1's though.