Thread: Shane-Lee Joins Koori Radio Sport

On the Rookie List

Cool Shane-Lee Joins Koori Radio Sport

93.7FM Koori Radio Live ?N Deadly is proud to announce the latest of Sydney?s Sports Stars to become a broadcaster on the airwaves. Former Sydney Swan supplementary player Shane-Lee Frederiksen will begin co-hosting ?Koori Radio Sport? from this Saturday morning.

Shane-Lee played for the Sydney Swans in 1998 after playing in the then Sydney Football League for Campbelltown the previous year.

?Highlight of my life was playing on the MCG against Essendon and kicking 3 goals while playing against the likes of Che Cockatoo-Collins and Michael Long?, says Frederiksen.

The elusive speedster has also made his mark in Touch Football where he was selected in Australian Men?s Squad, representing at three World Cups in the Open Division- in Hawaii (1995), Sydney (1999) and Japan (2003) and striving for another two- the next being in South Africa in 2007.

He also played tennis up to the age of 19 and was ranked 9 in the Australian Juniors.

?For non-sporting types like me, Freddo?s just one of those much-hated, naturally talented sportspeople that excels at anything that they put their mind to, there?s a number of our mob like that, and I?m thrilled that he?s agreed to come on board. He?s always been a media personality waiting to happen, as I?m sure any of his teammates would attest,? says Koori Radio Sport Presenter Troy Garner.

He currently works for Youloe-Ta in Newcastle as a Employment Consultant and also runs a Telecommunications business called ?Koori Communications?.

Frederiksen?s family is from Victoria, but he was brought up in the Sydney Fairfield area and still plays with his beloved Campbelltown.

?The first time I saw him play back then, he was the only Koori player, later on he was also the only one in his team wearing coloured boots, and by the end of the next season he?d also dyed his hair blonde. He?ll certainly bring a lot to the microphone come Saturday mornings,? said Garner.

Note: 93.7FM Koori Radio Sport airs 9am-12pm Saturday morning.
    Last edited by Troy G; 12th April 2005 at 07:22 PM.

heard a report a few months back on the Koori All Stars v Bulldogs thought id found a Sydney Footy station,but no chance of that....but a good listen nonetheless

Quote: Shane-Lee played for the Sydney Swans in 1998 after playing in the then Sydney Football League for Campbelltown the previous year.

?Highlight of my life was playing on the MCG against Essendon and kicking 3 goals while playing against the likes of Che Cockatoo-Collins and Michael Long?, says Frederiksen.

When Freddo did the above, was that in reserve grade???. Because he never played for the Swans in the seniors.

Regular in the Side
    Originally posted by shearer
    Quote: Shane-Lee played for the Sydney Swans in 1998 after playing in the then Sydney Football League for Campbelltown the previous year.

When Freddo did the above, was that in reserve grade???. Because he never played for the Swans in the seniors.
    I recall Freddo playing regularly in the Swans 2s so I guess that is correct. He was great at running into open paddock and awaiting a long pass. He would use his pace and sidestep and run up the wing with footy like a cheetah. In this situation he was unstoppable.