Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oh no we've lost 2 games.

Originally posted by Schneiderman
    Its more tiring when after one loss the doomsayers pop out of the woodwork telling us the season is over (no not you, I know). And doubly disappointing when people who have seemed so reasonable in years past now take pot shots at anyone who responds with optimism (yeah this one is you).
    If people want to be otpmistic, I think that's fine. However, I don't think this thread was simply a case of 'well I disagree with you guys I think we'll do well' it was full of unnecessary sarcarsm and smart arse comments. So, I will respond in kind. If you want to optimistic and simply disagree with the pessimists (realists ) then you are quite welcome to do so.
    See now I see club membership as an opportunity to feel paet of a community. I reckon a few others agree with me. RWO is the place we should come to share our grief AND support. Whilst its good to share our analysis of failure, its also healthy to revel in the successes.... even if they are flukey. And IF any of the players read this forum, I'd like them to know that they have supporters too. Yes even when they fail.
    Players get support and we do revel in success. We are also rightly harsh critics of poor performances and like to understand failures.

The Sydney players receive far less critical treatment than teams in Melbourne, so a few harsh words shouldn't hurt too much.

But what is "better" anyway? Will you really be pleased with a Premiership? Because success cant last forever, and from the top the only way is down.
    Tell you what I'd like. I'd like to see us have a great season and win a premiership. I'd like that season to be so enjoyable that the DVD of it will be enjoyable each time I re-watch it, not just because we win but because we play good football. I'd like to win a premiership before too long so my dad can actually enjoy the feeling of the side he has followed for over 60 years finally obtaining success.

They do that then I'm happy we don't win another for a decade as long as we are competitive. Football is not the be all and end all, however I would like that taste of success just once.

I didn't say you shouldn't criticise, but a bit of balance is important. You should trust that I am really down when we lose, but without an hope that it CAN get better (and with people getting carried away with their efforts to drag the optimism down), the whole purpose of RWO (as a place where supporters can share their passion for the Swans) gets washed away. If I want to hear slagging I read BigFooty.
    Yeah, BF is for slagging. I like RWO because when we win it's a chance to share the enjoyment and consider how we won. When we lose it's a chance to share the frustration and try to work out how we lost and consider where we are going.

All I said was enjoy it. Considering the Crows result, I feel even more vindicated, and its a game I will watch again and again to keep the faith alive.
    The last quarter of that game is the only one I could consider watching again and I'm sorry but it's really not a game that I would look at for feeling optimistic. The SKilda game last year would be one for that of recent times.
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Schneiderman - deluded little soul.

On the Rookie List
    We'll be OK. It's only round 4, after all. In 2003 we were 1-3 and a 10 goal last quarter against Melbourne turned our season around. Maybe history will repeat itself this Saturday. just have some faith.

Originally posted by Vivien
    We'll be OK. It's only round 4, after all. In 2003 we were 1-3 and a 10 goal last quarter against Melbourne turned our season around. Maybe history will repeat itself this Saturday. just have some faith.
    I was hoping the last quarter against Brisbane would do what the last quarter against Melbourne in 2003 did for our year that year. Doesn't look like it, but we can alwasy hope.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

On the Rookie List
    Originally posted by Mike_B
    I was hoping the last quarter against Brisbane would do what the last quarter against Melbourne in 2003 did for our year that year. Doesn't look like it, but we can alwasy hope.
    Yeah, me too.

Re: Oh no we've lost 2 games.

Originally posted by swans_premiers
    Oh no we've lost 2 games to the early starters for the year in Kangaroos and Adelaide...lets blood the kids our season is over!!! I can't even remember ANY team that made the top 4 after being 2-2 especially the SWANS..but i guess we're just middle table

It's the highs and lows of football we've been the 3rd best team over the last few years and with Port and Brisbane only getting older and losing players this will be a good year for us(who have we lost?), we've got some finals experience, we have match winners and we have depth. We'll beat melbourne next week and we'll all forget about today.
    Obviously there is always hope. If not next week, it is the week after. And of course, if it is not this year, there is still next year. And in case we cant turn up next year, there is always the year after. This could go on and on. It has been going on for the last 70 years and I think 70 years is more than enough. It is now time to demand responsibility for each and every failure that we have.

Players turning up every second game would please some supporters but will not win any premiership. And that is the difference between a good footy culture versus a bad one.

The Fourth Captain Schneiderman's Avatar
    Originally posted by Diego
    Schneiderman - deluded little soul.
    Its not little.

There's a hole in your soul, i can see it in your face, it's a real big place.
    Sit down or i swear to God i'll have you shot.

On the Rookie List swans_premiers's Avatar
    dam i'm smart
    Adam Goodes: Rising Star 99, Brownlow 2003, 2006
    Swans Premiers 1909, 1918,1933,2005, 2012

Warming the Bench
    They had little faith.

Originally posted by Bazman
    They had little faith.
    The resulting season makes some of these earlier comments seem a little silly doesn't it.

After all "WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS MY FRIEND[S]"
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Regular in the Side
    Wouldn't a 7 - 0 start next year be great.
    ---------||--ANNE--||----------

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast