Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oh no we've lost 2 games.

On the Rookie List swans_premiers's Avatar

Oh no we've lost 2 games.

Oh no we've lost 2 games to the early starters for the year in Kangaroos and Adelaide...lets blood the kids our season is over!!! I can't even remember ANY team that made the top 4 after being 2-2 especially the SWANS..but i guess we're just middle table

It's the highs and lows of football we've been the 3rd best team over the last few years and with Port and Brisbane only getting older and losing players this will be a good year for us(who have we lost?), we've got some finals experience, we have match winners and we have depth. We'll beat melbourne next week and we'll all forget about today.
    Adam Goodes: Rising Star 99, Brownlow 2003, 2006
    Swans Premiers 1909, 1918,1933,2005, 2012

Banned indefinitely by Moderators for posting totally inappropriate material
    Just like you forgot about the first 3 quarters of the game againts the lions during this week?

Time for the Swans to really take a good good look at themselves.

It is not about how many losses, it is about how we lost them. The game against Brisbane was a lucky win. Perhaps, footyhead was right. We should have lost that game so the reality could be seen much clearer.

We have no half forward life. Have no target from the kick out.

On the Rookie List swans_premiers's Avatar
    You're right, everyteam in history should take a good hard look at themselves, even the bombers of 2000 lost a game.
    Adam Goodes: Rising Star 99, Brownlow 2003, 2006
    Swans Premiers 1909, 1918,1933,2005, 2012

Blog Entries

Re: Oh no we've lost 2 games.

Originally posted by swans_premiers
    Oh no we've lost 2 games to the early starters for the year in Kangaroos and Adelaide...lets blood the kids our season is over!!! I can't even remember ANY team that made the top 4 after being 2-2 especially the SWANS..but i guess we're just middle table

It's the highs and lows of football we've been the 3rd best team over the last few years and with Port and Brisbane only getting older and losing players this will be a good year for us(who have we lost?), we've got some finals experience, we have match winners and we have depth. We'll beat melbourne next week and we'll all forget about today.
    I still think we are a chance for last year's flag.

One good quarter of footy, some favourable umpiing and opposition inaccuracy won for us v Bris. We could easilly be 1-3, and probably should be. We have serious problems.

SXP

Re: Re: Oh no we've lost 2 games.

Originally posted by ROK Lobster
    I still think we are a chance for last year's flag.

One good quarter of footy, some favourable umpiing and opposition inaccuracy won for us v Bris. We could easilly be 1-3, and probably should be. We have serious problems.
    Agree 100%. I thought that fantastic win in Brisbane would inspire our players, but there are deeper issues here and we are failing to see them. In about a fortnight we'll know how we stand this season.

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    We have a very poor record of scoring a win after a big win the week prior. It happened in 03 after we lost the pies when we beat brisbane the week before and now of course this game.

The Demons Anzac Day/Weekend game seems to be the barometer of how we go for the upcoming weeks (03 we started that huge run, 04 we went on a 3 match losing streak).
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Anyone with half a brain won't forget about today. This is why I was discussing the Brisbane game in detail, despite some people saying we should just enoy it regardless of how it happened. The signs were there last week, as previously, that we are struggling.

Make as many smartarse sarcastic comments as you have done in your first paragraph, but the simple fact of the matter is that the Swans have underperformed for decades and rarely look like threatening to win a premiership and disappoint more often than anything else.

Did you make this comment after we lost a few games last year and some of us comment on our weaknesses, and the year before and the year before...
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

I don't like the look of the next few games we've got.
    Vicky Pollard: Oh my god I so can't believe you just said that this is like the time I threw Anita's nokia in the canal as a joke and she's like you have well got to buy me another one and I'm like get over it and then Paul came over who's adopted anyway and started saying that I fancy Mark Bennett but oh my god just because I have sex with someone doesn't mean I fancy them.

SPOT ON!!!! Good Call the season is definatly over after being 2-2. I think we need to take a harder look about half way through the season, i mean Port has only won 1 game, but i'm certain, as i am with the swans that they will pull there finger out and start palying good footy again.

We have no half forward line? We have the same half forward line as the past 2 years nd it's been described as one of the best around. It's just a pity that we dont have any midfielders that can hit them on the tit from 50 metres away.

Have some faith! This is why Melbourne clubs contantly get higher attendances to their games.
    "Red and White for blood cells, Red and White for wine."
    "They could be the whole damn spectrum, if you just damn let them"

The Fourth Captain Schneiderman's Avatar

Re: Re: Oh no we've lost 2 games.

Originally posted by NMWBloods
    Make as many smartarse sarcastic comments as you have done in your first paragraph, but the simple fact of the matter is that the Swans have underperformed for decades and rarely look like threatening to win a premiership and disappoint more often than anything else.
    There you go again

Good on you swans_premiers for having a positive spirit. If last week had been the GF, NMW would still be pulling it apart and "reminding us" that the signs for the future were dire. And if we were ever to get to three in a row like Brisbane, we'd be reminded that nothing last for ever.

As my dad always told me: Every cloud has a silver lining, and will probably bring rain.

Re: Re: Re: Oh no we've lost 2 games.

Originally posted by Schneiderman
    There you go again

Good on you swans_premiers for having a positive spirit. If last week had been the GF, NMW would still be pulling it apart and "reminding us" that the signs for the future were dire. And if we were ever to get to three in a row like Brisbane, we'd be reminded that nothing last for ever.

As my dad always told me: Every cloud has a silver lining, and will probably bring rain.
    How many GF's have the swans played in since 1945? Don't think too hard.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast