Thread: Black Diamond Round 4 Wrap

Sweet home Novacastria

Black Diamond Round 4 Wrap

We took on newcomers Wyong on Saturday and were not quite sure what to expect, as they had tested most of the teams they had played. In the wash up we shouldn't have been so concerned with a resounding win 33.23.221 to 5.4.34 win.
    Ryno bagged 11 and there were 10 other goalkickers.
    What was most pleasing for us is we finally broke the hoodoo in the ressies having a win there too (we had been done by 10 or less in the last 5 meetings), whats more we did it with 15 ressies blokes missing in action, taking the total number of ressies used this year to 40. (and I managed to get another game!)

I think i said in the other thread that if Nelson Bay were on their game they would push City. Well they didn't just push them, they brushed them off to win by 52 points. City Led by 2 points at the 1/4 time break, but from there it was all Marlin as they kept City to just 4 more goals for the match. Final Score 15.13.103 to City's 6.15.51

The Gosford V Terrigal match was all square at half time which would have suprised many given they are entrenched at opposite ends ofthe ladder. Terrigal must have been given the proverbial pasting at half time however, putting on 10 goals in the 2nd half and keeping Gosford to just 1 more for the match. Quite a number of Gosford's players are Under 18 though and hopefully for the league and their club they will stick through the hard times and come good for the future. Final Score Terrigal 13.8.86 d Gosford 4.6.30

In the final game it was the same old tale for Warners Bay- in it at half time and falling apart after the break. The Bay lad at 1/4 time, were within a few points at the 1/2, 2 goals behind at 3/4 time but ended up on the wrong side of an 8 goal defeat. It was noted that the Bay were plagued by injury and absence, the coach pulled on the boots & the recently retired president also, however their efforts were to no avail. Final Score Killarney Vale 17.19.121 Warners Bay 10.8.68

Ladder (points then %)
    Terrigal 16 207%
    Cardiff 12 282%
    Killarney 12 143%
    Newc. City 8 90%
    Nelson Bay 8 80%
    Warners Bay 4 77%
    Gosford 4 47%
    Wyong 0 36%

This week's Matches:
    Cardiff Host Warners Bay
    Nelson Bay Host Gosford
    Terrigal Host Newcastle City
    Wyong Host Killarney Vale

www.bdafl.com.au for all the news & lower grade scores etc

On the Rookie List
    I was at the Tigers vs Panthers game and it was a fantastic 1st half of football the tigers had the panther rattled like they never expected that they were so close.

It was a shame that it blew out in the 3rd quarter otherwise it would of been a tight game as the last quarter was as good as the 1st 2..

I commend the tigers for their efforts and bring on Nelsons Bay this weekend
    "I feel it in my fingers i feel it in my toes... Sydney Swans are all around me and there everywhere i go. A premiership is there beside me and thats all i know"

Only $1 for a cornetto that is DAYLIGHT SAVINGS!!!!!

Regular in the Side
    I made it the the Killarney Vale vs Warners Bay encounter last Saturday. I thought it to be a scrappy affair, I believe both sides were light on and would have been disappointed with their performance. A close first half was followed by a good third term for KV setting up a solid victory. The score only blew out in the last 10 minutes of the game with 4-5 quick goals for KV.
    I hope I am not out of line mentioning the disappointing performance of a particular umpire. He continually spoke down to the players and was extremely patronising. Umpires are never given enough credit and rarely deserve criticism but seeing an umpire parading as the centrepiece taking the focus away from the two teams is difficult to watch. I will never think negative thoughts about any Sydney AFL umpire ever again.

Sweet home Novacastria
    Good to hear you made it to a game Coastal Boy & Jude4eva, perhaps if you can make it to games regularly we can provide a more accurite description of the happenings in our league.

Coastal, i'm pretty sure I know the particular umpire who you are refering to, and he has been a problem for us for a long time too! (Remembering we have had to put up with him for much longer than the guys from the Coast!)
    I think it would be almost fair to say that the Umpire in question and probably only 1 or 2 others cause a lot of frustration among players, coaches & supporters.
    I know the Umpires cop a lot of flack and AFL supporters in general like to give it to the umps a bit of a roast (its a national pastime!) but i reckon the Umpys in the BDAFL do a fair job, with the exception of about 3 (fair as in comparison to the standard of the league we play in not the afl).

I note that the umpire to which i am assuming you are refering to has been dropped this week?? (check the SP site)

On the Rookie List
    Originally posted by Northern_Swan
    Good to hear you made it to a game Coastal Boy & Jude4eva, perhaps if you can make it to games regularly we can provide a more accurite description of the happenings in our league.

Coastal, i'm pretty sure I know the particular umpire who you are refering to, and he has been a problem for us for a long time too! (Remembering we have had to put up with him for much longer than the guys from the Coast!)
    I think it would be almost fair to say that the Umpire in question and probably only 1 or 2 others cause a lot of frustration among players, coaches & supporters.
    I know the Umpires cop a lot of flack and AFL supporters in general like to give it to the umps a bit of a roast (its a national pastime!) but i reckon the Umpys in the BDAFL do a fair job, with the exception of about 3 (fair as in comparison to the standard of the league we play in not the afl).

I note that the umpire to which i am assuming you are refering to has been dropped this week?? (check the SP site)

Would the umpire been a certain new reader from our local station NBN??? if so then i can understand.

The main reason i go is because my boyfriend is a administrator and Ressies Player for Gosford plus when gosford have home game i play Netball in the same complex and since you can only watch so much netball the AFL is a welcomed change of viewing
    "I feel it in my fingers i feel it in my toes... Sydney Swans are all around me and there everywhere i go. A premiership is there beside me and thats all i know"

Only $1 for a cornetto that is DAYLIGHT SAVINGS!!!!!

so North,how are the Bombers really looking after their MASSIVE recruitment drive?are they setting the world on fire?when do the mighty Hawks line up against them?

On the Rookie List
    Pekay,

KV played the Hawks in Rd 2 and received a good ol' fashion touch-up from Cardiff. Usual story of "we both had some out" but it's still 22 on 22.
    They were too good on the day, but I know KV are keen to see where they are at in relation to the top sides. Of the recruits, Austerberry and Canbourn are the standouts, the rest are still coming to grips with how the bombers play.

Bombers take on Wyong on Saturday and although Wyong have not been in the points yet, this week looms as a danger game for KV. A lot of ex players are now involved at Wyong and will be keen to prove a point against some old foes. If the bombers want to be a genuine finals contender, they need to get the points.

Also the league announced the initial squad of 35 for Rep footy. Congratulations to all picked so far. Pretty even spread:
    Terrigal - 7; Cardiff - 8; KV - 6; N/City - 5; W/Bay - 2; N/Bay - 1; G/ford - 2; W/L - 3

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nedra
    [B]Pekay,

KV played the Hawks in Rd 2 and received a good ol' fashion touch-up from Cardiff. Usual story of "we both had some out" but it's still 22 on 22.
    They were too good on the day, but I know KV are keen to see where they are at in relation to the top sides. Of the recruits, Austerberry and Cambourn are the standouts, the rest are still coming to grips with how the bombers play.

Bombers take on Wyong on Saturday and although Wyong have not been in the points yet, this week looms as a danger game for KV. A lot of ex players are now involved at Wyong and will be keen to prove a point against some old foes. If the bombers want to be a genuine finals contender, they need to get the points.

yeah big score but only round 2,still early days for both teams.have been very interested in KVs form this year after their recruiting drive,like to see how Cambourn and Austerberry travel,good pair of blokes that used to turn it on in school footy.also a mate former Jet for a day,Ash Lehmann is trotting around there as well,he only played one or two games for us,but i can see him putting in some blinders once fit and focussed,whatever grade he plays

Black Diamond Reps

i see the rep squad for game against Hume is posted on www.bdafl.com.au for all to see,and notice Big Bad Bustling Johnny McCann isnt selected.didnt he kick a swag off the bench vs South Coast last year?id reckon a big mobile slugger like him will be needed against a pretty strong country outfit..any other blokes miss out that were stiff,Nedra-Northy?

Sweet home Novacastria
    Pekay- Everyone kicked a bag against South Coast Last year the BDAFL ahniliated (sp?) them. I'm not sure who Johnny Mcann is or who he plays for so i can't comment on why he isnt there!
    I think 2 of our guys were a bit stiff, however one of them has been battling injury so i'm unsure if that was a consideration.

Probably about 8 guys from various clubs were hard done by as well.

Originally posted by Northern_Swan
    Pekay- Everyone kicked a bag against South Coast Last year the BDAFL ahniliated (sp?) them. I'm not sure who Johnny Mcann is or who he plays for so i can't comment on why he isnt there!
    I think 2 of our guys were a bit stiff, however one of them has been battling injury so i'm unsure if that was a consideration.

Probably about 8 guys from various clubs were hard done by as well.
    big blood nut who played in the granny vs Cardiff,played for Penrith and Baulkham Hills before moving north to Terrigal.strong half forward,but i guess with a versatile player in Mick Ryan,who needs others?

Sweet home Novacastria
    ok i know who you mean now-
    Played in the 2's against us in round 1

Terrigal current coach is a selector and ex coach is rep coach- so if he was deserved of a spot his hat would be in the ring i guess