Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bazza rejects Captaincy?

The Fourth Captain Schneiderman's Avatar

Bazza rejects Captaincy?

Firsty here's an article that has Watson wanting Bazza to be the next captain:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/AFL/Watso...?oneclick=true

Interestingly on the way home from work I heard a sports reporter on 2GB claim that Bazza has said he doesn't want it.

Can anyone confirm? This would make Kirk the shoo-in I reckon, if true. I'd still love to see either one get it either way.

Crikyeness. I think Barry Hall could be a good captain. He'd be a cool captain. But, then I think that Kirk is captain material.
    Vicky Pollard: Oh my god I so can't believe you just said that this is like the time I threw Anita's nokia in the canal as a joke and she's like you have well got to buy me another one and I'm like get over it and then Paul came over who's adopted anyway and started saying that I fancy Mark Bennett but oh my god just because I have sex with someone doesn't mean I fancy them.

Just on White Line Fever...

Barry Hall said he would love to be the captain of the club but he "...understands that there are others ahead of him."

I would like to see Hall or Goodes as the next captain. We need someone who can turn a game on their own boot like a Voss, Cousins etc.

Kirk is a fantastic club man but he is not going to turn a match on his own.
    Swannies for life!

The Fourth Captain Schneiderman's Avatar
    Originally posted by Matt79
    Barry Hall said he would love to be the captain of the club but he "...understands that there are others ahead of him."
    Damn I missed it! Jamie Oliver is too much fun to watch. I'll have to watch the replay later tonight.

Thats good news either way. I think he'd make an excellent captain, and it would really stick it to the morons in Melbourne who thought he'd never amount to anything

Originally posted by Schneiderman
    Damn I missed it! Jamie Oliver is too much fun to watch. I'll have to watch the replay later tonight.

Thats good news either way. I think he'd make an excellent captain, and it would really stick it to the morons in Melbourne who thought he'd never amount to anything
    The brief interview was right at the beginning with the News Updates from Ms Cherry.

Time for Barry Hall!!
    Swannies for life!

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by BonBon
    Crikyeness. I think Barry Hall could be a good captain. He'd be a cool captain. But, then I think that Kirk is captain material.
    He would have to stop arguing with the umpires and giving 100m penalties away.

Jude for Captain.

Originally posted by ScottH
    He would have to stop arguing with the umpires and giving 100m penalties away.

Gday Scott,

I know what you are saying, however, I closely watched and listened to the play between St Kilda and Collingwood on Sunday after the Swan's v WC game to listen to the umpires and players interaction.

On several occasions players told the umpires in no uncertain terms that their decisions were *****ed and that the umpire was *****ed with no reprisal.

However, all Barry Hall has to say is, "You must be kidding sir..." and the umpires says, "That's enough Barry, 50 metres".

There is no doubt he is umpired to and responded to differently then just about any other player.
    Swannies for life!

Blog Entries

Re: Bazza rejects Captaincy?

Originally posted by Schneiderman
    Firsty here's an article that has Watson wanting Bazza to be the next captain:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/AFL/Watso...?oneclick=true

Interestingly on the way home from work I heard a sports reporter on 2GB claim that Bazza has said he doesn't want it.

Can anyone confirm? This would make Kirk the shoo-in I reckon, if true. I'd still love to see either one get it either way.
    I think its about the 3rd time that article link has been posted.

Heres a another link to an ABC articleHall shows interest in Swans captaincy . Misleading heading. He just says the same thing as the other articles. - would love it, but others are ahead of me.

But sounds like we'll definitely have a new captain very soon.

Blog Entries
    Gday Scott,

I know what you are saying, however, I closely watched and listened to the play between St Kilda and Collingwood on Sunday after the Swan's v WC game to listen to the umpires and players interaction.

On several occasions players told the umpires in no uncertain terms that their decisions were *****ed and that the umpire was *****ed with no reprisal.

However, all Barry Hall has to say is, "You must be kidding sir..." and the umpires says, "That's enough Barry, 50 metres".

There is no doubt he is umpired to and responded to differently then just about any other player.
    funny Matt. I understand he might be treated differently, but he does appear to say slightly more than you suggested.

But what did hall say to pee the umps?? we don't know.

Players can abuse an umpire, and cop the wraith, but Captains need to lead by example, and that hotheadedness is one aspect he needs to keep for his attact on the ball, not bitching to the umps.

On the Rookie List
    Yeah bazza would be definitely be a decent captain. It would show the supporters out there what he really is. But kirk is definitely the front runner.
    Using hypothesis testing via confidence intervals:
    Nick Davis mark inside 50 = goal

Originally posted by ScottH
    funny Matt. I understand he might be treated differently, but he does appear to say slightly more than you suggested.

But what did hall say to pee the umps?? we don't know.

Players can abuse an umpire, and cop the wraith, but Captains need to lead by example, and that hotheadedness is one aspect he needs to keep for his attact on the ball, not bitching to the umps.
    I guess he just has to come to terms with the fact that he is treated differently by the umpires and react accordingly..."That was a great decision sir, I won't do that next time !"

You are definately right though, as captain he cannot afford to give away 50m, let alone 100m penalties. I would love to know what he said!! Probably something about the umpire's mother?!?
    Swannies for life!

Blog Entries
    I guess he just has to come to terms with the fact that he is treated differently by the umpires and react accordingly..."That was a great decision sir, I won't do that next time !"

You are definately right though, as captain he cannot afford to give away 50m, let alone 100m penalties. I would love to know what he said!! Probably something about the umpire's mother?!?
    Or lack of!!!

He should try "What I hit him over the head, yeah, your right, thanks for telling me, SIR!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast