Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Captaincy resolved this week

Blog Entries

Captaincy resolved this week

SydneySwans.com.au
    "Or there is a possibility that we may rotate it, give it to Kirky for a couple weeks, then Barry Hall for a couple weeks and so forth. That is a real possibility as well because we have now got an opportunity to do that."
    Roos is on record as saying the next captain will come from the leadership group that is voted by the players.

The leadership group includes: Kirk, Hall, Adam Goodes, Jude Bolton, Leo Barry, Ben Mathews, Paul Williams, Jason Ball and Stuart Maxfield.

Once the match committee makes their recommendation it will need to be endorsed by the board.
    Can't see Ball, Willo, Mathews or Barry (or Maxfield) getting the nod.

Goodes would have to be a smokey.

So that leaves the obvious ones of Kirk, Hall and possibly B1.

Also, I can't see a weekly/fortnightly/monthly rotation working to well. If they are going to rotate, surely it would have to be yearly.

I hope it's Kirk but I really really hope it's not a lame rotation system unless it's rotated every quarter in a major innovation.

Veterans List
    Originally posted by Sanecow
    I hope it's Kirk but I really really hope it's not a lame rotation system unless it's rotated every quarter in a major innovation.
    Or perhaps some sort of Australian Idol system where we get to SMS our choice each week. That could work.

Veterans List
    "Survivor: Moore Park" could work.

Originally posted by giant
    Or perhaps some sort of Australian Idol system where we get to SMS our choice each week. That could work.
    Realtime voting would do the trick. During the game, people would SMS in with their choice of captain which is instantly displayed somewhere. We could have Kirk as captain for say 5 seconds, followed by Bolton for another 2 mins before it is moving to LRT for eternity . At least, it would keep the fans entertaining between the ball-ups. And we will have a revolving captain which would confuse the opposition and umpires alike.

SXP
    Originally posted by Newbie
    Realtime voting would do the trick. During the game, people would SMS in with their choice of captain which is instantly displayed somewhere. We could have Kirk as captain for say 5 seconds, followed by Bolton for another 2 mins before it is moving to LRT for eternity . At least, it would keep the fans entertaining between the ball-ups. And we will have a revolving captain which would confuse the opposition and umpires alike.
    Hey, tell me what kind of mushrooms have you eaten recently

Veterans List
    Great - we could have five captains in the time it takes Lloyd to get around to kicking for goal.

Then again, continental drift could have moved the goalposts by the time he kicks.

Regular in the Side
    MCC Members, Section M40, Row Z, Seat 17. Forever.
    We could put a new spin on that successful US TV franchise:

CSI Swans:
    Captaincy (for)
    Sydney (in the)
    Interim.

Or we retain Captain Brett Tiberius Kirk, of the Swanship Enterprise.

Alright, alright, I'm going!
    Insert Your Life [HERE]

We could have some sort of "worm" on the screen.

Banned by Moderators for constant swearing and abuse of other posters
    Please no rotational system.

That would give some credibility to a Grant Thomas initiative.

And the day anything Thomas has done is granted credibility is that day the world ends.

Kirk has it in the bag. Give it to him now and let's get on with that premiership.

I have that same opinion of Thomas. It just feels like a fraud to me that he is coach. It felt like..."et tu Brute" to me when he picked up that job.
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

On the Rookie List
    Kirk all the way!! No-one else is in a better position to do it. Maybe williams could be, but PLEASE NOT MATHEWS!! Hall and Leo are a little too far removed.
    Watching kirk on field was interesting, always there to congratulate, is definately one of our most consistent players, and was always looking around the field and directing stuff.
    Mind you goodes does the same thing - was funny at the adelaide game when goodes came off and was walking along the boundary near the bench (right where i sit) and decided his cool down walk would be a good time to start yelling directions at all the players when there was a boundary throw in near by. The drinks dude/coach walking with him just had to pull him away. Hahaha.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast