Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Captaincy

Originally posted by NMWBloods
    Win a match off his own boot...?
    I was thinking more about crying in front of teammates during a match. Hardly the stuff of leaders.
    Once was, now elsewhere

The Fourth Captain Schneiderman's Avatar
    Well Roos had to do something contraversial.

Sanecow, NMWBloods, Diego, ROK Lobster, mocaholic and footyhead were in danger of not having something new to whinge about today

Originally posted by Schneiderman
    Well Roos had to do something contraversial.

Sanecow, NMWBloods, Diego, ROK Lobster, mocaholic and footyhead were in danger of not having something new to whinge about today
    Terrific.

username..

Didn't think my match report was a major whinge nor my other posts.

But still, I think it's t'rrific that we're giving so many guys a chance to boost their CV...
    Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

But still, I think it's t'rrific that we're giving so many guys a chance to boost their CVs...

"[T]here are things that matter more and he's reading and thinking about them: heaven, reincarnation. Life and death are the only things that are truly a matter of life and death. Not football."

Stuey Luey Huey Kirky lrty benny shauby all t'rrific blokes for the club.

I am disgusted. Mathews is not good enough to be on an AFL list, let alone lead a football club. It's an absolute disgrace. There's not a club in the competition who would pick someone of this imposter's ilk.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

My comment was tongue-in-cheek. You have been known to demonstrate restrained optimism.

If we are to take what is being said publicly at face value (ie no imaginary conspiracy theories, or hysteria), then the players themselves are happy with the solution. As long as it remains the case for the year, I really cant see how it can hurt the club. Its a revolutionary solution to the perennial problem every club faces when there is no really standout candidate (which every here can agree on - by our lack of agreement).

Originally posted by Plugger46
    I am disgusted. Mathews is not good enough to be on an AFL list, let alone lead a football club. It's an absolute disgrace. There's not a club in the competition who would pick someone of this imposter's ilk.
    Whilst I agree with the facts behind your sentiments, you need to understand the due process behind his inclusion. Every player (unless they opted out) who is in the leadership group (voted in by the players themselves) will be included in the rotation.

Benny is in the leadership group, and did not deselect himself. With his history of not taking a backward step, this is not surprising.

What's the fun if we can't have some unsubstantiated conspiracy theories and a bit of unbridled hysteria...

What's the fun if we can't have some unsubstantiated conspiracy theories and a bit of unbridled hysteria...
    True. Ignore my post.

Senior Player
    Originally posted by GoBloods
    i just read the same thing on afl.com.au.
    cant say i am impressed. this is just a soft option. kirky was doing ok.should have left him as captain until end of the year then reaccess the situation.
    i think this just cheapens the value and prestige of being club captain. Especially as we have had outstanding captains in the past , ie kelly ,carroll , skilton.
    anyway , if miracles occurred and we won this years premiership , who would they present the trophy to , all 6 of them..
    Spot on.

Maybe we could have a captain for each quarter , so everyone's had a go by round 13.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast