Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Captaincy

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Tuesday
    I respect him for putting his family first.
    Um... ergh... hmmn... um...

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I can't be bothered reading 10 pages of sniping back and forth (oh I'm just joking, I am sure it has been thoughtful banter!)

Does being a member of the captaincy rotation make you untouchable as far as getting dropped for non captaincy games?
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

On the Rookie List
    i think the rotation system is a joke. perhaps we should rotate the match committee, or Roos, or how about colless. lets see how effective they are in these roles being rotated. FFS, this club seems incapable of making a decision!
    I'm Flyin' High...

On the Rookie List
    After each 1/4, the team could face each other and do rock/paper/scissors until there is a winner. That bloke could then be captain for the next 1/4. This would ensure a fair and even rotation between the players and would allow the coaching staff and senior players to put off any decision for the foreseeable future.

Great for the fans too because they could just sit back, comfortable in the knowledge that some very intelligent, level headed people are running this club. People who are prepared to make the tough decisions.

Of course, the players will benefit because if they have a bad 1/4 leading the team, they know that it will all be a distant memory at the start of the next one. Now THAT is what being a leader is all about.

On the Rookie List
    Isn't it only the captain's job to bring the oranges for half time? And to wash the guernseys? Probably best if they rotate these responsibilities.

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Wil
    Isn't it only the captain's job to bring the oranges for half time? And to wash the guernseys? Probably best if they rotate these responsibilities.
    I hear McV's mum is a good clothes washer, maybe he should get a go.

Veterans List
    If Mathews gets the gig full time I'm changing teams.

Originally posted by Nico
    Weak as p!ss.

Originally posted by Nico
    He won't. I bet a toddler could make a captain decision and it wouldn't be Mathews, so if that is the case, Roosy or whoever will and should and better make a correct decision. How could Mathews be in the leadership group in the first place?
    Vicky Pollard: Oh my god I so can't believe you just said that this is like the time I threw Anita's nokia in the canal as a joke and she's like you have well got to buy me another one and I'm like get over it and then Paul came over who's adopted anyway and started saying that I fancy Mark Bennett but oh my god just because I have sex with someone doesn't mean I fancy them.

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by BonBon
    He won't. I bet a toddler could make a captain decision and it wouldn't be Mathews, so if that is the case, Roosy or whoever will and should and better make a correct decision. How could Mathews be in the leadership group in the first place?
    Coz his team mates voted him in.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910