Yes that's right fellow RWO's, it's called TEMPO CAPTAINCY.

Like the playing style that has developed over the past year or so. it has now been extended to the captaincy.

STOP - START - RUN AROUND IN CIRCLES - GO BACKWARDS - LOOK CONFUSED - GET CAUGHT WITH THE BALL - TURNOVER

Well there is seven captaincy styles that I have just mentioned. We simply fit a player to the style.

For selection criteria, a number of intricate tests have been devised. I'm only privy to two of these so I will need help to find the others.

Criteria for LOOK CONFUSED CAPTAINCY:
Captaincy training is conducted in a large dark room. All candidates are assembled in the dark. A very bright light is shone and the player with the most startled look gets the nod.
Ben Matthews come on done!

Criteria for CAUGHT WITH BALL CAPTAINCY:
Candidate must have the ability to INSPIRE THE OPPOSITION to hug him every time he gets the ball.
Leo please walk this way.

It's exciting, I can't wait to find out what the benchmark for each captaincy will be.

Finally, after 8 years in the waiting, I have finally been upgraded to FULL AFL membership this week. I'll be there on the day even if the Swans aren't.

Yes, that is if my wife lets me go. We'll have a very clean house between now and September..........................