Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Black Diamond AFL 14/5

On the Rookie List
    Nelsons bay players depends on whos at the RAAF that week and if they can play or not.

Can tell you for a fact gosford dont play for players.... gosford tend to pride on the development of there juniors more than trying to "poach" players
    "I feel it in my fingers i feel it in my toes... Sydney Swans are all around me and there everywhere i go. A premiership is there beside me and thats all i know"

Only $1 for a cornetto that is DAYLIGHT SAVINGS!!!!!

Regular in the Side
    Northern, I feel your last comment in particular is quite valid. Personally I do not feel paying players is the answer and would applaud an amateur league. KV might be shooting themselves in the foot as they may get known as 'the club that pays'(though I say it's not true) and no one will go near them without asking for cash. Current players will hold out wanting more money if they feel the club cannot afford to lose them. The fact remains though that in the Sydney AFL players jump from team to team every year and its mostly driven by money and people accept it as a fact of life. In my thinking it would be a different situation if a premiership team went out and sucked the talent from all of the other clubs. KV only won a hand full of games over 2 years and if you were in their shoes you might feel something drastic was necessary. But as it turned out only one player was 'poached' and no harm was done. I applaud the board for getting off their butts and having a go. I reckon the competition needed another team to rival the Cardiff/Terrigal dominance and if anything KV should be exalted for improving the overall standard of the BDAFL.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12