Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Next on the captaincy roster - Barry Hall

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Originally posted by barry
    God I hate this rotation policy.
    On the one hand I agree with you, it's almost as if Roosy is trying to top Grant Thomas's captaincy rotation.

While I expected Kirk and Bolton to lead well, Leo and Barry to do less well, and fear it may be a little too much for Ben Matthews I have no idea about Adam Goodes and I will be enormously interested to see what happens when it's his turn.
    Perhaps, just perhaps, the job could cause him to grow ~ much as I think it did Paul Kelly.

God I hate this rotation policy.
    Why? What else do you suggest we do to seek captain material? Huh?
    Vicky Pollard: Oh my god I so can't believe you just said that this is like the time I threw Anita's nokia in the canal as a joke and she's like you have well got to buy me another one and I'm like get over it and then Paul came over who's adopted anyway and started saying that I fancy Mark Bennett but oh my god just because I have sex with someone doesn't mean I fancy them.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Originally posted by BonBon
    Possible ways of choosing the captain:
    • Send them to tribal council.
    • Put them in the Big Brother house and nominate all of them for eviction.
    • Karaoke night.
    • Swimsuit competition.
    • Have them skipper identical yachts in the Sydney to Hobart.
    • Chess tournament.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Originally posted by BonBon
    Ummm, like every other club has. Like we have for 100 years. Pick someone who has leadership and experience and spends most of the time on the park, and stick to it.

All this rotation thing does is put pressure on certain players, make the captaincy more than it really is, and removed any harmony.
    What happens if we dont win another game, yet kirk (most successful rotation) doesnt get the job ?
    What if we win the flag, and the rotation captain is Amon Buchanan ?

Originally posted by Thunder Shaker
    Possible ways of choosing the captain:
    • Send them to tribal council.
    • Put them in the Big Brother house and nominate all of them for eviction.
    • Karaoke night.
    • Swimsuit competition.
    • Have them skipper identical yachts in the Sydney to Hobart.
    • Chess tournament.
    Pfft, ya dag. They could always come to my house!
    Vicky Pollard: Oh my god I so can't believe you just said that this is like the time I threw Anita's nokia in the canal as a joke and she's like you have well got to buy me another one and I'm like get over it and then Paul came over who's adopted anyway and started saying that I fancy Mark Bennett but oh my god just because I have sex with someone doesn't mean I fancy them.

What if we win the flag, and the rotation captain is Amon Buchanan ?
    If we win the flag, I don't care if Kenny is captain!
    "My theory is that the universe is made out of stupidity because it's more plentiful than hydrogen" - Frank Zappa

Ummm, like every other club has. Like we have for 100 years. Pick someone who has leadership and experience and spends most of the time on the park, and stick to it.
    Yeah, well, like, maybe it's such a hard decisiom it had to be put this way. Don't worry too much because next season we will have a set captain.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12