Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rotating captaincy and form

Originally posted by cruiser
    Interesting that while Matthews was captain we had two one point margins for one win, one loss.
    Mathews obviously knows the value of a point . . . but I can't see what yours is?

Originally posted by chammond
    Mathews obviously knows the value of a point . . . but I can't see what yours is?
    My point was that the teams performance while he was captain was probably the worse of all of them.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Veterans List
    Originally posted by cruiser
    My point was that the teams performance while he was captain was probably the worse of all of them.
    Wasn't Leo our Captain against the Saints?

On the Rookie List BayesysLeftBoot's Avatar
    Originally posted by liz
    Insufficient data to determine answer.
    Pssst...hey guys I think Liz might be a robot!

Coincidence.

On the Rookie List
    An observation that I have is that MOST of the captains lifted considerably during their stint, but also a couple had quieter games just after, i.e. Goodesy last week.

He was tagged pretty hard, but I suspect he would have been more lively if he was skipper.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Originally posted by TheHood
    He was tagged pretty hard, but I suspect he would have been more lively if he was skipper.
    While I'm disappointed that the rotation is staying in the same order (I heared Brereton sniggering at the thought of Ben Matthews being captain if we made the GF) and I'd like to see Goodes and Hall as captain again.
    I believe Adam Goodes should be captain, he appeared to grow more than the other aspirants when he was captain. He's also ounger than Hall and Kirk the other standout aspirants.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Originally posted by Old Royboy
    But I would hate for us be a downhill skier like the Dee's - start the season on fire and end with a whimper. Better to be in the finals and firing come September.
    Or even worse do a Carlton and win the Wizza Cup/Wooden Spoon double.

At the end of the day a good start to the season would of been nice been nice, but I don't think the way we used the pre season matches this year would of made much of a difference to how we started this season anyhow, because of our run of injuries.

No point risking our stars in the Wizza Cup when they are coming back from injury (which funny enough most of them were this season) to win a Tin Pot, that doesn't mean Jack once the season starts. Our form from Round 1-6 was down to lack of match fitness to players like O'Loughlin/Goodes and injuries to the likes of Ball/Williams/Doyle, the inexpirence of the likes of LRT/Dempster and the suspension to Jolly. Winning the Wizza Cup would not of helped us there.

Anyway I rather peak in July/August/September than March/April/May.
    Once was, now elsewhere

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12