Taking a slightly different point.

On the Couch tonight they said that over the last 3 to4 years, the Swans have played an additional half year more than the other teams by the fact that they have been in the finals.

Everyone including Roos have said that they looked tired and old and with the injuries to the older players this year, the year caught up with them.

I can't see how 4 more weeks rest this year is going to make the older tired players look any fresher or give them the motivation to climb the mountain again.

I'm sure Spida will have it (injury free year) because he's never won a premiership and that includes the younger Swans who missed out last time, but what about the rest.

The "Bloods" Club is finished. This year put an end to it. Probably only Goods, MOL, Kirky and possibly the Eski could say they still have the right to belong to the former group.

The Club needs a "Bloods transfusion". They need to get a winning spirit back.

How do they do this? I don't know.

I imagine a change of game plan is crucial. Their current game plan has to change to catch up with the changes in the game.

They need to recruit "spirit" to the Club. Pressure on players to keep their positions.

Rules for "Bloods MkII" need to be developed. Roos shouldn't wait till the end of next year to make changes, retirements via long term injury list should be done during the year.