Coming into the round in sixth position, it would be handy for our top four chances, if the five teams above us were defeated. Unfortunately, the odds are against that. There doesn't seem to be much chance of the Bulldogs losing to Adelaide, Geelong losing to North, Melbourne losing to the Suns or Brisbane losing to Hawthorn. Probably the best chance of a team above us losing, is when Port take on GWS; who should be fairly desperate not to be replaced in the eight, by the winner of the Fremantle v Richmond game.

Of the other games, tonight sees the wildly inconsistent St Kilda, take on the generally mediocre Carlton. I guess I wouldn't mind seeing Carlton win that, as I'd be slightly concerned, taking on St Kilda in a final and them having one of their good days. Apart from our game against Essendon, the other game is Collingwood and West Coast. I suppose that I'd prefer Collingwood to win that. It would further emphasize that West Coast aren't really a finals quality side, even if they're likely to make the finals. Plus Collingwood rising a few places up the table, would increase their chances of having a crazy clearance sale, in order to piece together the draft picks needed to take young Daicos.