Caught on Fox Footy the other night a Swans game from the early 2000's (didn't catch year), which I'd almost forgotten about & doesn't get as much mention as other celebrated games in club's recent history.

We're playing Brisbane on their home deck with all their big stars from their premiership era (Voss, Black, Arkemanis, Lappin, Leppitch etc...). At 3/4 time we we're 32 points down which should've been bigger if it wasn't for Brisbane's inaccurate goal kicking, such was their dominance. Bradshaw kicked 5 goals up to this point playing on Craig Bolton / LRT. We looked shot. Commentators mentioned we had been Brisbane's bogey team in recent years & they were seeking redemption.

At beginng of 4th Quarter LRT is moved forward & Malcom Blight mentioned if we can kick the first 3 goals funny enough we're right back in it, despite Brisbane's dominance. Uncannily that's exactly what happened! Could've been 4th straight had it not been for a Nick Davis around the body curler just shaving the post. LRT influential up forward creating crumbing opportunities, which resulted in a goal to a long haired ROK complete with hair band, who dominated this quarter.

Bradshaw kicked his 6th to steady the ship for Brisbane, which restored their lead to 19 points at the 15 minute mark. But we kept pressing. Game became really fierce with brutal tackles from both sides resulting in multiple stoppages. Tadgh Keneally & Leo Barry busy running out of defence which resulted in a beautiful running 50m+ goal from Paul Williams.

Matthew Nicks badly botched 2 opportunities during this quarter, one a set shot and the other a running shot (he looked to have choked). David Spriggs involved in a couple of important plays. Goodsie almost taking couple of contested marks in the forward line & just missing clever soccer goal. We kept pressing to kick further goals to level the scores with only about a minute left (no countdown clock back then, Ch 10 just had the 5 min warning when game entered time on). Barry Hall recieves free kick for high tackle right on the final siren. He kicks truly for his 5th from 40m out to gives us the win. The only time we hit the front all game!

I'd forgotten that we were 32 points down at 3/4 against the dominant team of that era. I only recall BIg Bad Busselling Barry Hall kicking the winner & the pile on celebrations afterwards. ROK played a blinder. In the coaches box was Roos, Longmire & Jonas from who I could recognise. Forgotten Swans classic (for me anyway).