Quote Originally Posted by Goal Sneak View Post
The match committee certainly seem spooked to put Joey into the centre square. It's still experimental at this stage and a lot will depend on how others go throughout the year (They're doing very well so far). I reckon Josh is aware of his place in the team right now and fully understood when he signed on again that if these kids continued on the same trajectory, he might find it hard to keep a spot.

It's a long season and he'll prove his worth to the squad regardless of how many games (or where) he actually plays. Great signs that we can actually afford to approach these types of scenarios.
My view is that not putting JPK in the centre square is for one or more of these reasons:
1. A deliberate decision for the post-Kennedy era to give our younger players experience.
2. Kennedy is no longer a part of plan A for the centre, but could be there as a plan B if needed if the younger players aren't working out or we're behind and need to try something. Plan A has been working out, so no need for the plan B.
3. Our game plan has evolved for more pace and an aging Kennedy lacks the pace for the game plan.

I feel Kennedy will be retiring after this year. Let's hope the rest of the players help to give Kennedy a send off with a premiership in his last game.