The Easter round starts tonight with Brisbane hosting Collingwood. By not selecting a ruckman, it appears that Collingwood are testing the Ludwig theory, that teams might be better off without a ruckman? I'm not sure where I stand on that? On the one hand, I think a high quality ruck, like Gawn or Naitanui, can be a definite advantage, both through their ability to get clean taps to midfielders on the move and their strong marking around the ground. While on the other hand, a mediocre ruck can be more of a hindrance, with their taps to disadvantage and their slowing up of possession chains.
So, it'll be interesting to see how the game develops tonight. Will the lack of a ruckman make Collingwood's quick ball movement even quicker? Or will Brisbane decide that they should have a definite advantages in clearances, and consequently attempt to turn the game into a war of attrition, with free space blocked as much as possible and the ball moving from ruck contest to ruck contest?

Unfortunately, I'm running a bit late right now, so I'll just restrict myself to commenting on the final game of the round; Geelong v Hawthorn at the G. Last week, I called the thread, "So just how crap is Hawthorn", before it was later amended to, "So just how crap is Geelong", after Hawthorn won and Geelong lost. So, this round, I think both questions could still apply. While I think it's likely that Hawthorn will lose heavily and confirm the status as wooden spoon favourites, there is some chance that Geelong will go 0/4. Which I suspect would be a happy ending to the Easter weekend for many fans. A satisfied torpor brought about by an overindulgence of chocolate combined with the warm inner glow of smug schadenfreude. I'm sure it's what Jesus would have wanted.