Might have been something of a different intro if we had of lost last night and thus had no realistic chance of making the eight. Something along the lines of; if you want a intro, then you can write it yourselves. But no, our season is still alive and I'm still interested in the permutations of the other games.

First up is the Saints and the Hawks. Ladder wise, it'd be sort of nice if the Hawks could have a win and make the Saints a bit more reachable for us; but I don't really see that happening. Though thinking about it, I might have found a bright side to the limited free to air TV coverage up here. That is, with it not being televised, I won't be tempted to switch it on and actively barrack for Hawthorn.

Next up is the far more interesting clash between the Demons and the Dockers. The Demons are strong favourites at $1.33, but I don't know? Dockers have won their last three, while the Demons are coming off a loss and are without Oliver. One clash worth watching will be between Darcy and Gawn; both of whom have a claim to be the best ruckman in the competition. And as an aside, I do think that named side for the Dockers demonstrates just how silly the named sides can be. That is, they have Darcy starting as first ruck, which of course is fair enough, but they also have Jackson listed as a follower. I very much doubt, that Jackson will be starting in the centre square as a 199cm midfielder, when every bit of logic suggests that he'll be starting as tall forward, in order to keep either Lever or May occupied.

Next up the Cats host the Giants. It'd be nice if the Giants could pull a major upset in Greene's 200th game, but they've just added Himmelberg, Kelly and Haynes to their already lengthy injury list; so I can't really see that happening.

The first Saturday night game is between the Suns and the Bulldogs: a game that's probably worth watching just to check out the Darwin crowd, which often seems like another country, compared to the stadium's of the southern capitals. Reckon the Suns are a good chance of an upset here, and I love the way that Rowell and Anderson have been driving themselves around the field in the absence of Miller.

The other night game is the flightless Eagles hosting the Bombers. I suppose that for the sake of our ladder position, that I should be going for the Eagles. But I don't know? I'm sort of hoping that in the second week of Indigenous Round, that the significant percentage of obnoxious morons in the West Coast crowd, end up booing their own side as fervently as they used to boo Adam Goodes.

Sunday starts with the Tigers playing their first match of the post-Hardwick era against the Power. Will they be inspired? Will they be good enough, if inspired? Who knows?

Next up, the Magpie hype should continue to grow against the Roos.

And finally, the Crows host the Lions. A Lions win is probably better for our finals hopes, as they might be too far ahead for us to chase them down, while the Crows are definitely catchable.