Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Importance of Fans ... By Adam Goodes

Are there any current people using RWO who once supported another team?

Sorry its a little of topic.
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post
    Not at all. Craig Davis played just 9 games for the Swans - when Nick was 8 years old.
    What about when coaches move on to other clubs,do their kids and wife change teams because they want too or are forced too?
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Quote Originally Posted by swantastic View Post

I've never minded a thread of mine being derailed ... go for it.

I've never supported another team, but then I jumped on the (ALF/VFL) bandwagon in the 80's.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Yep, Richmond (Tigers like my SANFL team Glenelg) until I moved to Sydney to live in 86, although Swans became my second team as soon as they relocated to Sydney in 82 because they were no longer Victorian and we had them on telly in Adelaide every other Sunday arvo.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Old Royboy?
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Hammo ... you know my brain thinks faster than my fingers type!!

Of course, it's A.F.L.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Hammo ... you know my brain thinks faster than my fingers type!!

Of course, it's A.F.L.
    Gordon Shumway was more popular than AFL in Sydney in the 80s
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

i still think davis was a swans fan and his manager is a tool bag.

watch his interview after the semi final in 05 he goes on about watching plugger kick his point in 96 and how magical it was

sounds like a fan to me
    Theres not much left to say

Senior Player

I suspect Old Royboy and I wear our hearts on our sleeves!

Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post
    Gordon Shumway was more popular than AFL in Sydney in the 80s
    I hated ALF. That show got on my last nerve!!

Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    Hmmm, makes some comments on here in the last week look pretty stupid, doesn't it?
    The commentary that Bevo was the worst footballer in the comp etc, etc was really off the stupidity meter. I have been restrained about this but there are a few here who are wiping egg omlettes off their faces. I find it extraordinary that people still contine to defend Davis despite the evidence that:

His management shopped him around to opposition clubs mid-season, despite being a required player.

His management planted stories in the media that Davis was still committed to the club, for the obvious purpose of disinformation, to keep his market value up as a required player.

The Eagle story is either true and i do find it somewhat unusual and interesting that a kid whose dad played for Collingwood (with distinction) and the Bloods followed a WA side that were easybeats at the time and who he possibly never saw at a match or it is bull and the story was planted to ingratiate himself to a potential employer.
    Either way the story is interesting in regard to Davis obvious lack of committment to the club. It was crystal clear that Davis has played without committment to this club for two seasons. i don't know the bloke and make no comment about his character. However, if my Dad had played for Collingwood or the Bloods i'm damn sure i would have followed one or both of them as a kid. There are a lot of issues here that no one who doesn't know Davis cant or shouldnt comment on. However it is interesting that Davis says that as a kid he didn't follow one of the clubs his dad played for. The story is either oedipus or idiocy (courtsey of his management) . But why some find it stupid that i find it interesting beats me.
    Bevo bandwagon driver

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    I'm pretty sure someone a couple of years ago had inside knowledge that Davis was an Eagles supporter growing up but i can't remember which poster it was. Perhaps a search on the archive list could bring up the post but i cbf, nor do i care much about which player supported which team when they were younger.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast