Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Swans v Bombers Game Day Thread

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    The URL is "http://feeds.feedburner.com/FoxSportsPodcasts-OnTheCouch" but as you can see it hasn't been updated for this year.

Lasy year it was available on Itunes but hasn't been this year, I asked about it but got no reply
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    The next few years will see some retirements though, hence my earlier request to start using some young blood on the bench as sub. Start sorting out who we have going forward into the next 5 years
    Well I hope the retirements are next year with free trade coming in.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    So looks like I wasn't the only one surrounded by ferals.

There was a bomber supporter behind me who during the 2nd qtr after they were being well behind decided to declare that all the swans players are gay. His son had more sense and told him off but he still repeated it and he said that's the only reason why players go up to sydney is because they are gay. So I had to turn around and show my disgust. Then a supporter near me started going on how the AFL look after the swans and they protect us and that the only reason we won the pemiership was because of the AFL and how they let Hall off. Then for the rest of the game all I heard from both of them was that the umps were cheats and that they were protecting us and that the bombers never got free kicks...blah blah blah.

After the siren the guy behind me preceeded to say "The ums aren't cheating are they?"...referring to the ump calling play on. Unbelievable.

I got the last laugh....I was shown on the tv at the end of the game singing the song while he looked absolutely miserable .
    We had pretty much the opposite experience. The Bombers fans sitting behind us were getting into each other (humourously) about their terrible performance in the first 3 quarters, and while we weren't giving them a hard time, we were certainly pretty vocal in our support of the Swans. Needless to say we were a little more subdued in the 4th, and I was waiting for the comments to start, but they never did. They definitely got more vocal in their support for Essendon, but no whinging, no giving it to us, and no more one eyed than you would expect from any good fan.

Overall, it added to the whole experience.
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

What a year 2005 SSFC/CFC
    Essendon supporters are amongst the worst they are the most arrogant when they are winning. They whinged all night about the umps whilst we clearly got the worst of it. Nearly double our free kicks and the 'comeback' was fuelled by a string of frees. Monfries Jetta and Davy ducked in for five frees between them, and then Davey knocks Hanners out and we don't even get a free.

It was really noticeable Sat night (and unfortunately with far too many players today) they don't want to GET the ball they merely hover around it hoping for a free, this has become an epidemic. Also great to see their precious Stanton taking a long long look before trying to get the ball early on, great performance Swannies loved it...sucked in the Dons fans too..

Incidentally I quote.....

"Monfries the 'best stager': Eade - AFL.com.au
    14 Jul 2011 ... Bulldogs coach Rodney Eade says Essendon's Angus Monfries is the biggest
    stager in the AFL."
    Sports do not build character. They reveal it....Heywood Broun

I always turn to the sports pages first, which record people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures......Earl Warren

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I was sitting right where the incident occurred and you are right it did look like Pyke thought he was standing the mark. The umpire told him to move which he did not hear and 1 second later the 50 was paid.
    This.
    Pyke thought he was on the mark - quite understandable given he was "infringer". The useless ump created the entire issue by designating someone else behind Pyke as being on the mark. Apparently Pyke's fault for not having psychic powers and eyes in the back of his head.
    A lovely bookend for Jude copping an "in the back" call for tackling Jobe front on.

Quote Originally Posted by JudesaGun View Post
    Any chance someone could YouTube the show?
    You can download it as a torrent from aussierul.es :: Welcome to aussierul.es

Cheers

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Thanks ugg - good to see, and hear.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Fantastic at least OTC are willing to talk about us. Ta Ugg!

Ahh so nice to watch, some positive talk about the Swans and people noticing that we're not just a boring stoppage based team who "love the wet".

Thank you ugg. I miss this kind of involvement from an afl centric programme. FTA just doesn't cut it.

At least OTC are finally actually looking at what the Swans can do. Nice change.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood