Page 32 of 529 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Some say choosing Pyke over Mummy was our biggest ruck blunder.
    Some say recruiting sinkers was right up there too.
    But our biggest stuff up really was letting nankervis go.

Aside from Hickey we have really made a meal of the ruck. I blame Ludwig.
    I have to take responsibility for this one. I didn't think we should have taken him in the draft and I thought we could trade him because Naismith was the better player. It hasn't quite turned out the way I had hoped.

But someone had to take a stand. We had 7 ruckmen on our list at one time (maybe it was 6, but Tom Derickx counts for 2). It was ruckin' madness.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    We had 7 ruckmen on our list at one time (maybe it was 6, but Tom Derickx counts for 2). It was ruckin' madness.
    When and who?
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    When and who?
    About 5 years ago. There were 7 including Patrick Mills (? The American).

Don't know if I can remember them all. Naismith, Nankervis, Derickx, Pyke...

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post

Mitchell? Was Kyle Galloway also on the list then?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and Tippett.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post

Sam Reid, Allir Allir, and I think I saw Josh kennedy take a few hitouts too. Basically, we were a team of ruckman.

If you could sum up the dark years of 2018-2020, it would be that we took a team of gun ruckman, right across the board , and we ended up with just Sinkers doing the ruck on his own.

Ironically, Sinkers wasnt even on the list during the glorious "ruckman on every line" era.
    Last edited by barry; 5th May 2021 at 09:53 AM.

Mummy, Pyke, Tippett, Naismith, Nankervis, Derickx, Patrick Mitchell and Kyle Galloway.

I don't think they were all on the roster in 1 year. Maybe 2014 was the big year for ruckmen numbers. When you can't count your ruckmen on one hand, then you have too many. And I lost 3 fingers in a lawnmower accident, so I have a very low tolerance level.

Tired of ruckmen, tired of life.

Mummy, Pyke, Tippett, Naismith, Nankervis, Derickx, Patrick Mitchell and Kyle Galloway.

I don't think they were all on the roster in 1 year. Maybe 2014 was the big year for ruckmen numbers. When you can't count your ruckmen on one hand, then you have too many. And I lost 3 fingers in a lawnmower accident, so I have a very low tolerance level.
    You neglect to mention that the police report did say the "lawnmower accident" was suspicious and have left the case open in case further evidence comes forward.

Do you think we have the right mix of ruckman now Ludders, or still a bit top heavy.?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    Shame we mismanaged our salary cap and ruck stocks so poorly over the last few years that couldn't have both
    True.....and a good point. I suppose they couldn't predict Naismith's woes though but it is certainly a shame we were forced to let Allir go.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    You neglect to mention that the police report did say the "lawnmower accident" was suspicious and have left the case open in case further evidence comes forward.

Do you think we have the right mix of ruckman now Ludders, or still a bit top heavy.?
    If Naismith can stay healthy, and Hickey too for that matter, as he is also injury prone, then I think we are just right for ruckmen now.

Even though I've gone cold on Mabior Chol, I still think he's someone to be considered in the trade period. I think he's gettable and could develop into a solid forward ruck option. It depends on how well McLean and Amartey go this year, as well as who we take in the mid season draft.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    True.....and a good point. I suppose they couldn't predict Naismith's woes though but it is certainly a shame we were forced to let Allir go.
    Pandemic hit to AFL revenue led to cut to salary cap. Were the Swans expected to predict that?

If Naismith can stay healthy, and Hickey too for that matter, as he is also injury prone, then I think we are just right for ruckmen now.

Even though I've gone cold on Mabior Chol, I still think he's someone to be considered in the trade period. I think he's gettable and could develop into a solid forward ruck option. It depends on how well McLean and Amartey go this year, as well as who we take in the mid season draft.
    You have 3 fingers, Nainsmith, Hickey, and Amartey, and you want more ruckmen. Did your other fingers grow back ?