Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Round 16 • Sydney Swans v West Coast Eagles @Geelong

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Other past nominees in our current list
    2017 Melican R18, Hayward R23
    2016 Mills R16, Winner, Papley R5, Clarke R18 (North Melb)
    2015 Heeney R3,
    2014 Cunningham R15, Llyod R21, Taylor R9 (Winner Lions)
    2011 Reid R12
    Total of 17 nominees currently on our list

Heh yep! I only included the recent lot as our 22 and under players! We just have an incredible rate of producing quality players at the elite level!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    He is a special player , never seen a swan cover so much ground since D Hannebery and Jmac has him beat for class and leg speed , just a super player . Cant wait to watch him over th enext 10 years
    I saw him kick one of the great goals in a NEAFL final in 2019, a superb individual effort. Came home and raved about what a talent we had on the list. JMac will be one the great Swans wingers, so heartily agree.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Kafka's Ghost View Post
    I saw him kick one of the great goals in a NEAFL final in 2019, a superb individual effort. Came home and raved about what a talent we had on the list. JMac will be one the great Swans wingers, so heartily agree.
    Its funny you mention that as that was when i became a big fan , one of the best goals ive seen in the neafl and the minute i knew he was too good for the level and would be playing AFL by his 2nd year

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by joeykanga View Post
    This week’s votes were such an interesting set of votes trying to work out who gave whom votes
    I for one wouldn’t have predicted a four voter for Heeney..did Longmire see a lot of work he put in before the flashes of brilliance at the end
    Mills and Florent were consistent for both coaches
    I can’t actually decide who gave Heeney the four as the other coach didn’t give any to Heeney
    Was it Longmire for pressure and effort and brilliance toward the end or was it Simpson for something he saw but only one coach went all in on Heeney
    I also can’t pick which coach chose the 2 and 1 votes ..id lean toward 2 and 1 for McInerney and Hewett from Longmire
    What do people think ?

Sydney v West Coast
    10 Callum Mills (SYD)
    7 Oliver Florent (SYD)
    4 Isaac Heeney (SYD)
    3 Tom Hickey (SYD)
    2 Justin McInerney (SYD)
    2 Jordan Dawson (SYD)
    1 Lance Franklin (SYD)
    1 George Hewett (SYD)
    I thought about this too.

Longmire:
    5 Mills
    4 Florent
    3 Hickey
    2 Dawson
    1 Hewett

Simpson:
    5 Mills
    4 Heeney
    3 Florent
    2 McInerney
    1 Franklin

I'm more confident about 3 and 4 than 1 and 2.

Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor 01 View Post
    Did anyone notice we played to a completely new system? There was very little down the boundary line kicking. Often going across the ground in small kicks until there can get a player free to gain some freedom or space and then fire it into the forward line. I hope they continue with these style. It frustrates the opposition.
    The narrowness of Geelong helps push away from a boundary led game, and yesterday was like a training run because the work rate of West Coast was utterly pathetic. Will be interesting to see what we manage at Marvel this weekend, as we sure know the fairypuppies won't give us that sort of ride.

It hadn't even clicked in my mind that JMac was still eligible for a rising star nom. Been a while since we've had a player of his style coming through, so going to be enjoyable to see him find his level over the next little while.
    Last edited by mcs; 5th July 2021 at 10:45 PM.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Total of 17 nominees currently on our list
    I haven't gone to check, but I suspect Franklin received a nomination in his time too.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I haven't gone to check, but I suspect Franklin received a nomination in his time too.
    Round 4, 2005.
    The final votes are mildly interesting.

1 Brett Deledio Richmond 43

2 Ryan Griffen Western Bulldogs 34

3 David Mundy Fremantle 19

4 Brock McLean Melbourne 15

5 Jed Adcock Brisbane Lions 14

6 Jordan Lewis Hawthorn 3

7 Adam Selwood West Coast 2
    Justin Sherman Brisbane Lions 2

9 Kepler Bradley Essendon 1
    Lance Franklin Hawthorn 1
    Will Minson Western Bulldogs 1

Quote Originally Posted by joeykanga View Post
    And on top of that his personality is infectiously likeable ..was watching the Fox coverage after he game amd I don’t know why story he was relating to i think it was RB ..he was still having fun like he does on the field ..the energy gor the gametime and for the team are really quite special
    He may be infectious, but you don't want to be stuck sitting next to him according to Hickey. In the Zoom meeting the other day he said that he never shuts up, and whilst it's endearing ...

Regardless, he's a super talent and I'm glad he's in the Red and White. Stoked for JMac and it's a fitting nomination. He like Papley knows how to celebrate a good goal! He was in everything against West Coast.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Great news. The kid oozes class. The chain of handballs which lead to our fist goal contained a McInerney pearler (his second HB in that chain) that put Ollie in the clear for the kick into the square for Amartey to convert. It was a brilliant moment in a great overall game from Jmac.
    Yes that was a beauty. He shows an awareness well beyond his years. A joy to watch.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Well, wasn't that lovely.
    I heard the first quarter on the radio, and the commentators said that it was going to be hard kicking goals to the end Wet Coke were kicking.
    Didn't seem to bother us much.
    Great game. Big ask, but jeez I'd love to see that every week.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Kafka's Ghost View Post
    Got me thinking - who was the last great Swans winger? Fosdike....and, um?? Paul Williams was more in/out like Hannebury I recall, but memory often cannot be relied upon.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Hannebery was a GREAT winger at his peak, who could also play inside and was phenomenal at contested ball.

But it's easy to forget just how far, hard and relentlessly he could run up and down a wing. That first half against Freo in (from memory) 2015 when they sent Ryan Crowley - then easily the best, fittest and most ruthless tagger in the game - to him, and Hannebery simply burned him into the ground and kicked four first half goals was out of this world.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say