Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Game Day Thread Rnd 1 V Bombers

Senior Player
    Agreed. Heeney is looking the part to be a very Good player

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    awesome effort by Heeney - 7 tackles in his first game
    John Longmire would be drunk on Heeney's tackling numbers. Awesome.

There was a contested over head pack mark that he took in the 2nd quarter that was also brilliant.

He is also my little boys second favourite player behind Franklin. The blond hair stands out.

That stand out look that he has will also generate good marketing dollars for him and the Swans.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    You can't seriously be telling me that a sizable number of members didn't boycott because of drug cheating ?

One thing this club stands for is morals. members not turning up doesn't hurt us , theyve already paid. It does send a strong message to the AFL though.

I think with our trade ban , academies talk, tippet ban, and dons off scott free, many fans feel the game has lost its soul.

Or should i say... run by melbourne, for melbourne.

To be honest, I've never felt less interested in season ever. Last night's won helped though. I think if the drug cheats had won, I'd be lost to the game .
    The AFL is not the enemy. The NRL is. The NRL had 41,000 turn up to ANZ on Friday night. We only had 22,000 on Saturday night. The NRL will be nodding their heads on Tuesday and will be saying that they still control the winter sporting landscape in Sydney.

Just wild about Harry
    You can't seriously be telling me that a sizable number of members didn't boycott because of drug cheating ?

One thing this club stands for is morals. members not turning up doesn't hurt us , theyve already paid. It does send a strong message to the AFL though.

I think with our trade ban , academies talk, tippet ban, and dons off scott free, many fans feel the game has lost its soul.

To be honest, I've never felt less interested in season ever. Last night's won helped though. I think if the drug cheats had won, I'd be lost to the game .
    That would be a pity

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    The AFL is not the enemy. The NRL is. The NRL had 41,000 turn up to ANZ on Friday night. We only had 22,000 on Saturday night. The NRL will be nodding their heads on Tuesday and will be saying that they still control the winter sporting landscape in Sydney.
    You have to remember that the NRL game was a grand final replay between two of the more strongly supported Sydney teams. The AFL was lucky to even get 22000 given the atrocious rainy conditions on Saturday. Let the NRL think of as a victory but 9 times out of 10 the swans game at the SCG has the highest crowd of any football game in any code in Sydney. In addition the swans currently have over 42000 members. No rugby league team in history as ever had over 40000 members ever so again as far as I know the swans have the most members of any football team in Sydney from all codes

Pretty good for a non AFL town methinks

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    You can't seriously be telling me that a sizable number of members didn't boycott because of drug cheating ? .. .
    yes, i believe only a very small percentage would have boycotted the game due to the Bombers issue, and even a few of them would use that excuse rather than really admitting they didn't want to get wet. Personally, the thought hadn't even crossed my mind until your post.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    yes, i believe only a very small percentage would have boycotted the game due to the Bombers issue, and even a few of them would use that excuse rather than really admitting they didn't want to get wet. Personally, the thought hadn't even crossed my mind until your post.
    Hadn't crossed my mind either, more to do with the weather, the Easter show and long weekend/school holidays me thinks.
    For the first time ever, I seriously thought about not going on Saturday. I have a 90 minute + drive and the thought of driving in appalling conditions, then fighting for parking with Easter show crowds and having to wait for car park shuttle buses in the wet had me seriously thinking of giving it a miss and I haven't missed a home game in twelve years.

Goes up to 11
    I will seriously tell you that few, if any, members 'boycotted' the game due to the Essendon issues.

More like rain, Easter, and the location all being a turn off for many - particularly the first two.

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    I will seriously tell you that few, if any, members 'boycotted' the game due to the Esendon.
    That would surprise me. I would have expected more, but i have been wrong about them before.

Last year, teams played before 36,804 at the SCG. All factors conspired for a low crowd. The final against Freo last year only had a crowd of 35,998.

What a long bow you've drawn. Do your arms hurt now?
    Um... people don't turn up to ANZ because it's ANZ.
    It has nothing to do with Essenscum being a pack of drug cheats.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    What a long bow you've drawn. Do your arms hurt now?
    Um... people don't turn up to ANZ because it's ANZ.
    It has nothing to do with Essenscum being a pack of drug cheats.
    Haha you made me chuckle Annie xx