Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Changes Round 17 V Carlton

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    The point I was trying to make with the phrasing of John Longmires strategy is that I've noticed he talks increasingly more about tacking and pressure acts. Players who are quick and 100% committed to pressure acts are being selected. These players include B. Jack, Rohan, Lloyd, Jones and Towers. There are other sound qualities to these players as footballers, but there games are built firstly on pressure, speed and great endurance.

When Towers was selected for his debut the statement from Longmire was that he could come in and apply some pressure for us. When Zak Jones made his debut the talk was about his 6 tackles.

I was trying to ad some fun and colour by calling this strategy "John Longmire Football" or the "Harassing Horse".
    It occurred to me that John Longmire's ideal footballer would be Paul Bevan - strong, reasonable pace, tackled like a Doberman including, on one famous occasion, two at once!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Not happy with this! The way things are going we deserve to lose Mitchell and Membrey (not that I think Tim will be a major loss). How could you not blame Tom for looking for opportunities elsewhere when selectors continually snub him in place of someone with far less talent but more speed! I wish Towers all the best and hope he plays well but I really don't think it's fair to reward a player who plays 1 good game a month compared to a player who gets 30 possessions in a bad game! I just don't get it???
    Well I guess I can accept a Mitchell snub if he is injured! Lol. I'm happy for Towers to be given his chance because it would have been a shame to let him go without an opportunity to show his stuff in the senior side which might had been a possibility at the end of the season. I'm still shattered the Tom can't take a trick re: his body! Just when it looks like an opportunity arises for him to get back in the seniors, he gets another minor injury! But in saying that, we'll never really know if he would have been given a chance with selection committee's appeared obsession with players with genuine pace! Let's hope Tom can get himself right and in form for the rest of the year and put pressure on for another opportunity!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    Hey ugg

Is there any word on any late changes ??
    I just ate a fortune cookie and the message was "there are upcoming changes in your life"

Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    I have nagging doubts
    Neighsayer.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    I just ate a fortune cookie and the message was "there are upcoming changes in your life"
    Intetsying fortune cookie ugg

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    Jeez Matt, you're like some kind of non-giving-up pundit guy.
    I'm a little out there I know. I love football, love the Swans and love bantering with the Red and White community.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Oh I hate it when he does that! If BJ is out, .... and Mitch is injured ....... that would mean perhaps Tommy, TD, Shiggsy!! I'll say Shiggsy.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Oh I hate it when he does that! If BJ is out, .... and Mitch is injured ....... that would mean perhaps Tommy, TD, Shiggsy!! I'll say Shiggsy.
    The named emergencies are membrey derrickx and Hewitt. So it would be one of those

Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    Neighsayer.
    Hay! It would be foally to ignore the possibility of a 'mare of a result with Dray playing for the opposition.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Derrickx come in, so Pyke can spend some time in the goal square.

This also frees up Reid to help out in defence.

I would much prefer to see Membrey, but doubt Horse and co would go this way.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised to see Derrickx come in, so Pyke can spend some time in the goal square.

This also frees up Reid to help out in defence.

I would much prefer to see Membrey, but doubt Horse and co would go this way.
    I suspect you may be right as ugg said he didn't think derrickx played in the reserves at all

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Page 17. And the gates won't open for another 6.5 hours.

We are all edgy because we are on 11, and the possibility of losing to Carlton because noone wins twelve in a row, especially the Swans, is palpably horrible. I think panic has set in amongst the redandwhiters. I recommend Rescue Remedy, Camomile Tea, or Valium.
    Wow Aunty Val! That is really extreme. While we are there we can take a few Moggies, some Rohies, Serapax, Normies, Xanax or Mandies. That should make a good cocktail to keep us all calm and asleep for at least a century.