Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Rd 2 vs Geelong Cats @ SCG - Pre-Game Thread

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Joey is a champion but he is on a one year contract. His time in midfield is going to be limited and I’m sure he knows this. We’re not putting him out to pasture: just recognising that whilst he can have the occasional run in midfield, the future is with JR if he is up to it. He put in a great shift against the Giants, so we can rely on Horse and his team to make the right decisions-we will see. It’s pretty simple: if JR is picked to play in midfield you are wrong- simple as that!
    Well just my opinion , it is between those 2 and i know who i would pick . The champion who has proven himself every week for over 260 games , not the unproven mid who can only tackle and handball . Even if this is Kennedys last yr he could still spend it in the mids helping us to a flag . Could be a massive mistake that costs us

Joey is a champion but he is on a one year contract. His time in midfield is going to be limited and I’m sure he knows this. We’re not putting him out to pasture: just recognising that whilst he can have the occasional run in midfield, the future is with JR if he is up to it. He put in a great shift against the Giants, so we can rely on Horse and his team to make the right decisions-we will see. It’s pretty simple: if JR is picked to play in midfield you are wrong- simple as that!
    TheBloods opinions on selections and all our selection opinions are welcome by The Swans organisation. The Swans website asked fans to submit their round 2 teams.

No one can be right or wrong on selections anymore because The Swans want to hear from us.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    Didn't you say not too long ago that you were going to stop talking about Rowbottom?
    That was before people started trying to kick one of our best ever bloods to the curb !

Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    TheBloods opinions on selections and all our selection opinions are welcome by The Swans organisation. The Swans website asked fans to submit their round 2 teams.

No one can be right or wrong on selections anymore because The Swans want to hear from us.
    Bangalore, we all know TB’s views on Rowy. Now he says he is raising it yet again because some people are questioning Joey’s role. We all know what Joey brings to the table- he has been a champion and still is needed. But we also know that he is nearing the end of a great career and now a different style is being called for. It is not a direct comparison between he and Rowy-you have to be a bit daft to be looking at it that way, and I’m not suggesting that TB is that- I’ll leave it to the forum to decide!

Anyone who watched the game last week could see that Rowy was among our best- everyone except TB. Does that tell you something?

You might consider taking a course in logic.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    You might consider taking a course in logic.

Suspended by the MRP
    Bangalore, we all know TB’s views on Rowy. Now he says he is raising it yet again because some people are questioning Joey’s role. We all know what Joey brings to the table- he has been a champion and still is needed. But we also know that he is nearing the end of a great career and now a different style is being called for. It is not a direct comparison between he and Rowy-you have to be a bit daft to be looking at it that way, and I’m not suggesting that TB is that- I’ll leave it to the forum to decide!

Anyone who watched the game last week could see that Rowy was among our best- everyone except TB. Does that tell you something?
    Anyway we can move on , if you think he was in our best last week then we will never agree on this one . I get too passionate as i dont like our proven warriors being written off for unproven or over rated young players . Even in the other topic , people talking about how they would let Lloyd go . Wtf ? First thing any of us should be saying about any of the blokes who have served us over YEARS is get the deal done to keep him ! Too easily swayed by young upstarts who dont always amount to much . Bothers me , sorry if i was harsh .

Make no mistake about it. Rowy and Joey are competing for the one midfield spot. This is a key night for both. It’s damp conditions so it will suit contested midfielders.

A good performance from either player will secure the spot early in the season.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries

Actually, they primarily want our data and contact information for marketing purposes.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Buddy has always been an enormous attention grabber, both on and off the field, he can also (at no fault of his own) become an all predictable vector for many Swans attacks.

But this count down to 1,000 is taking it to a new level. I really hope he gets there soon, so everyone (players and fans) can celebrate the event, then perhaps move on.

Dwayne Rusell must be dreading it, he'll need to find something else to fill 25% of his air time.

could not fill 20
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Actually, they primarily want our data and contact information for marketing purposes.
    Agreed. I am sure that Horse is not sitting there reading what selection ideas TheBloods, Ludwig, Bangalore, myself or any of us come up with. Why should they? Its a marketing exercise - pure and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    I am sure that Horse is not sitting there reading what selection ideas TheBloods, Ludwig, Bangalore, myself or any of us come up with. Why should they? Its a marketing exercise - pure and simple.
    Mostly true, but not completely true.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast