Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Swans vs Bombers

Quote Originally Posted by grarmy View Post
    So you want Phil Collins come into the team? Could be entertaining but don’t think that will fix the mid field issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    It wouldn't even fix the cheer squad drumming.
    I think he goes alright down back. Problems in the middle and up front came when they dropped Gabriel. Big mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Want to say how happy I am about the INs this week: Grundy will hopefully steady the ship and Dawson provide a target plus possibly a brief cameo onball.

It’s like RWO are in charge of selection atm
    Don't flatter ourselves!!

Great to have Reg back... should never have been dropped in the first instance.

Hope they all come out firing. We REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY need to win this one.
    A bit of percentage would be nice too.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Don't flatter ourselves!!

Great to have Reg back... should never have been dropped in the first instance.

Hope they all come out firing. We REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY need to win this one.
    A bit of percentage would be nice too.
    This is our entire season on the line. If we lose we are GORN!

Dawson is a great selection. I'm surprised by the negativity here. If he wasn't injured he would have been playing all year. Never really replaced the presence of Mitchell and he's the only guy on the list who looks likely. Goal kicking mid fielder big inside presence... what's not to like???

Not picking Grundy last week was an arrogant selection. Maybe Horse was trying to light a fire under him, but it was one of the many reasons we lost. Easily in the best back 6 and his inclusion will free up either Rampe or Aliir. No suitable matchup? - left Rampe playing on 2 metre Peter - usually the role that goes to Grundy.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Senior Player
    Just to keep everything in perspective re our finals chances, this is what it has taken to
    make the 8 in the "Expansion Era" (18 teams)

2017 12 wins and a percentage of 105.7%
    2016 12 wins and 105.2%
    2015 13 wins and 106.5%
    2014 12 wins and 105.8%
    2013 11 wins and 106.7% (Carlton came 8th)
    2012 14 wins and 112.5%

Right now we are 11 wins and 114.2%. Not that I'm recommending it, but it is remotely possible we could
    lose every game (very narrowly) for the rest of the season and still make the 8, emulating the mighty Blues of 2013!
    Assuming of course someone above us does an Essendon.
    Seriously though, win two or three of the next five and we'll make it "comfortably".

Are we playing tonight?
    As usual, the media don't think so.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Are we playing tonight?
    As usual, the media don't think so.
    That's how I like it. #UnderTheRadar

Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    I think he goes alright down back. Problems in the middle and up front came when they dropped Gabriel. Big mistake.
    Am feeling pretty positive about this match.

In fact;

I can feel it coming in the air tonight.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladey Blood View Post
    Am feeling pretty positive about this match.

In fact;

I can feel it coming in the air tonight.
    Part of me is nervous but most of me thinks we are going to smash them......I hope most of me is right.

And if we do win, it will be another day for you and me in paradise.

Very happy to see Dawson get his chance tonight. Selectors ignored him last season for no apparent reason. Recovered fromm early season injury and is ready to make a difference for the Swans. Will run, mark, tackle and kick goals, team player and will ma,e a difference. He has footy smarts. Go Jordan

Veterans List
    I'm a big believer in footy smarts, Dawson has them, hopefully grabs this chance and cements a best 22 position from now. Be great if at seasons end we've found another three, Ronke, O'Riordan and Dawson, will keep us in contention in the near future.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast