Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Guernsey Presentation Dinner 2011

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    I call it whine because that's what happens when most people drink it.

Skip tabouli is something that is made by a person who is not of middle-eastern extraction.
    It just wasn't like mum's.
    The crushed wheat was like soggy bird food.

Yes, I know, a bit pedantic ... but when you spend four hours cutting up tabouli, you want it to be right and proper.

It was "australianised" Tabouli... we get it.. but very good nonetheless.

Thankfully the whole night didn't have a mddle eastern theme and we weren't required to pass through metal detectors, surrender knives or chuck rocks at each other....

I find I cannot edit my own bitty, where I spelled speech "speach". Oh dear.....
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    I find I cannot edit my own bitty, where I spelled speech "speach". Oh dear.....
    Not to worry Primster, Daniel Curry hasn't taken you to task and it's been 4 years...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I am positive he won't predominantly play anything like the old "Kirk role".
    I never thought Dales Thomas would become an elite midfielder as he is fast becoming......aftebeing so successful in the forward line flanks.........i didnt think Leon Davis would become a man marking back pocket either.........

we have had a change of the guard and Shaw, Macca and Smithy I think will continue to play tight on the better attacking midfielders................Macca I believe will play more of a Kirk role as Shaw is definitely needed for the first half of the season in the backline by the look of the injuries...........and Jack showed that he deserves to be wider of the ruck then Macca............but Ive been wrong before.............lets watch the first few rounds and see who Macca matches up on
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    We'll do anything to hold the pink market so I understand the skirt.

But was he really on the woad again? I just can't wait to get on the woad again . . .
    Best laugh I've had for days
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

How good was that speech??!! Even if I didn't think we were a big chance this year (and I do) I would have after that. Carn Swans!!!!!!
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Veterans List
    Just checked out the video - inspirational and uplifting, wish I'd been there.

Great choice as co-captain

Onwards and upwards!

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Jarrad's birthday (7 April) is 2 days before Stuey Maxfield's, another great captain of the club who was a big factor in us winning the premiership. Good omen, plus Aries usually make good leaders.

Senior Player
    Wow. I suspect we can safely put aside any speculation that the intangible aspects of Kirk's departure are going to be a problem.

On the Rookie List
    Annie, as I'm sure you know I'm but 1 small cog in a very large machine. The main thing is the effort all the lads have shown this pre-season. The commitment is as awesome to see as Macca's speech probably sounded. It's been a real treat to be in that gym teaching them all the weird stuff that has hopefully made them so much stronger this year...along with what all the other coaches, physio's and nutritional staff have done I expect good things from next week.

RC
    For serious trainers or athletes wanting to get the best results: www.exemplarconditioning.com.au

Dead-set RC ... whatever they're doing, they're doing it well.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

On the Rookie List
    Well this is a little bit of extra info: Baton charge: Indian clubs beef up Swans Bryce is a top bloke that really knows his stuff. The lads really respond well. Just glad to be part of it all...just imagine when they win the flag this season!! I think I might have a few drinks!!
    For serious trainers or athletes wanting to get the best results: www.exemplarconditioning.com.au

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast