Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Buddy 2023 & beyond?

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Based on? Adam Finch is currently his manager.
    I wonder if he is more keen on a 2 year contract rather than the money part. If that is the case then it is going to be interesting to see what we are happy with.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

I was just listening to Liam Pickering talk on Melbourne radio. He is Buddy's former manager and did the 9-year deal with us back in 2013. He said that the negotiations would never have leaked out under him. He said $700k is fair given Buddy's record of delivering and his drawing power. However, he also said he could understand the Swans' position given their list and salary cap constraints. He went on to say that, if the reported amounts are true and we have an offer at 500k and they want 700k, then a deal should get done. He cannot see Buddy going elsewhere at this stage of his career.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    He said that the negotiations would never have leaked out under him. . . . . .
    because those negotiations depended on secrecy.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

The work he’s put into his fitness, I’m guessing Buddy reckons he can easily play for two more years . He loves it.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Go to $600k....surely Bud wants to end his career with us and keep things pure and untainted!
    Yes. It’d be a travesty to see him finish career in orange.

We've already got one former star in Kennedy currently playing arguably one season too many. A two year deal for Buddy would represent a huge risk.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    She also said in a HS article that rumours would always bandied about in regard to Buddy's contract and that she and Buddy love living in Sydney.

Go figure....let's just see what unfolds.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    She also said in a HS article that rumours would always bandied about in regard to Buddy's contract and that she and Buddy love living in Sydney.

Go figure....let's just see what unfolds.
    She said they love living in Sydney “….at the moment”. Could be nothing, but also sounded like they were open to moving.

I think it’s unfortunate that someone has chosen to conduct negotiations in public like this. It seems purely to put the squeeze on the Swans.

Buddy playing on is about more than $$ for both club and player. I really hope that everyone can rise above the mercenary nature of the current events?

Veterans List
    Robinson got a sniff of something and went for it. Filled up a couple of pages in HUN. Interestingly another journo of the same paper picked up the story the next day. It was simply a cut and paste (reorganised paragraphs) of Robinson's article. Again filled up 2 pages.

Buddy will remain a Swan.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast