Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Rnd 17 - vs Bulldogs at SCG, 7:50 PM, Friday 8 July 2022

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    I'm taking a French visitor to their first game tonight so let's hope it's (a) not dreadful and (b) the right result.
    And (c) your French visitor is not totally désorienté!

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Supremely pumped to be back for my first live SCG game since the farewell to the big four of Reg, Smooch, Macca and Kieran Jack, and Buddy’s 300th.

Was running through a list of players I’ll be seeing live for the first time in their careers - there are nine, including P Mc and Ladhams, plus a batch of the young ones. I won’t know where to look.

May the umps be kind to us and let’s hope we take the game on and spank the cheats.

Oh, and how the hell did I live in such a cold city for so long. You people are freaks.

Here's hoping it's a good one!

In terms of who to watch - keep an eye on Dylan Stephens. Sure he's still learning the game and has some confidence issues, but geez he runs well for a young guy. Watching him move up and down the wing and cover a lot of space makes me think that it will all come together for him eventually.

I think it's only by seeing a young player like that live gives you an appreciation of their potential.

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    They need to bring back some honour to the club tonight. They lose and its all over for 2022. It will be difficult as part of the AFL regulations the Bulldogs must get at least 12 extra free kicks before the outcome is legal.

Senior Player
    I will go with a stat of:

Swans 11

Bulldogs 19

Hopefully I am wrong

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Legion View Post
    I will go with a stat of:

Swans 11

Bulldogs 19

Hopefully I am wrong
    Is that goals or free kicks?

So Campbell is late out, Clarke back in and Cunningham Medi-sub, wow. I'd rather have brought Harry in

Hopefully for once we might win the free kick count against the muts . Maybe wishful thinking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Had to turn off my phone last Saturday to fly to NZ at that stage we were about 4 goals up so was very happy to be wearing my Swans jumper and beanie in anticipation of a cold arrival in Christchurch.
    While waiting to clear customs I was initially curious as to why the family behind me were singing the Bombers theme song and seeming very pleased with themselves.
    It all became apparent when I turned my phone back on and checked out the final result. Seriously WTF had happened !!!
    This was the first disappointment in what has become the week from hell.
    I tested positive to Covid two days after arriving and the day before arriving in Queenstown for a twice delayed holiday which has lead to me spending the last five days in isolation looking out the window watching the fantastic mountain and lake views while the balance of my holiday slowly drains away.
    Now to make it even worse I can’t even watch tonight’s game either on Foxtel go or the channel 7 app because of geoblocking. I have tried a VPN but Rupert’s mob has of course worked out a way to stop this being an option any more.
    Looks like the ABC radio will be my saviour but any other online or digital listening suggestions from those in the know would be much appreciated.
    Sorry for the thread hijack and I now to return to the thread and it’s purpose 😀
    I must admit a couple of the selection changes surprised me but after much analysis and careful consideration and based on the result of round 17 last year we will win by the same margin of 19 points.

Senior Player
    Has Ryan been elevated to the team with a view to locking down one of the Bullflogs prime movers and if so who do we think he will go to ? Maybe he will give Jack Macrae a hard night at the office and try to limit his influence.

Malthouse has tipped us well that’s not good
    Last edited by Faunac8; 8th July 2022 at 08:51 PM.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Is that goals or free kicks?
    I will take free kicks rather than goals lol.

I keep spewing thinking Jmac is COR

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Cannot believe we’ve dropped a rising AFL star for a reserves player. Even on a quiet day he does more than Amartey.
    Joel might be out to prove you wrong tonight.

- - - Updated - - -

Callum with 7 tackles already that is elite pressure on record breaking process
    Last edited by Faunac8; 8th July 2022 at 09:19 PM.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast