Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: To win against the Dogs we must...

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by swantastic View Post
    BTW RP its "Mark" not "Catch"
    I don't care if they take clean possession, as long as it keeps moving forward and in the Swans possession.

Everitt has to go if we're serious about winning.

Maybe someone's said this elsewhere ... but SURELY the Swans won't pick Peter Everitt this week?

He's a liability we can't afford.

Here's an interesting (concerning?) stat:

Sydney hasn't won a night game in Melbourne since round 9, 2006. That match was against Hawthorn at the MCG. Since then we've lost 6 in a row.

Just a bad run of luck or is there something else to it?
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Stuff the stats - if we do all the basics well we should win.

To win against the Dogs we must...

...play with confidence and kick to advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post

Sydney hasn't won a night game in Melbourne since round 9, 2006. That match was against Hawthorn at the MCG. Since then we've lost 6 in a row.

To be honest i don't think we play the MCG very well due to it being much larger than what we are used to, but you have to adapt and surely if Sydney can adapt to Subiaco the biggest playing field in the land then we should know how to work our gameplan to affect on the MCG.

Veterans List
    Smash them at the centre clearances and put their backline under severe pressure.

Certainly the Hawks showed if you can pressure there backline they make crucial errors by hand coming off halfback, handballs missed targets just about everytime and they built up to Hawthorn goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
    Maybe someone's said this elsewhere ... but SURELY the Swans won't pick Peter Everitt this week?

He's a liability we can't afford.
    Two weeks ago I would have said that, but his last two games have been very good. He may be hitting form at just the right time. He's still far from dominating, but he's doing his job.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Blog Entries

3 of those night games have been against the Pies. 2 last year at the 'g and one this year at TD.
    Rd 1 this yr against the Saints, was by 2 points, and we very rarely start the year well.
    Don't remember the other 2 games.
    Not a very convincing stat, Hammo.

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    if they play with the intensity of last week especially after half time, that'll do me win lose or draw, as long as they ahead when the final siren sounds.
    "He was proud of us when we won and he was still proud of us when we lost' Tami Roos about Paul Sept 06.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    3 of those night games have been against the Pies. 2 last year at the 'g and one this year at TD.
    Rd 1 this yr against the Saints, was by 2 points, and we very rarely start the year well.
    Don't remember the other 2 games.
    Not a very convincing stat, Hammo.
    Norf and Saints back to back last year at the Dome. Just interesting that's all. Was listening to Roos' response when asked a question about preparation for a night match in his press conference today and thought I'd look it up.

You can listen to it here.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Blog Entries
    Norf and Saints back to back last year at the Dome. Just interesting that's all. Was listening to Roos' response when asked a question about preparation for a night match in his press conference today and thought I'd look it up.

You can listen to it here.
    Ah yes, another 2 ordinary games.
    So 4 out of 6 at TD. I think we play much better at the MCG.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast