Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: Swans v Demons.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    Papley is turning into a player I don’t admire:

- Always staging for free kicks
    - Abusing umpires and giving away a 50.
    - Not using teammates when they are in better position.
    - On a performance level he is dropping marking opportunities and fumbling the ball.

Maybe it’s time to trade him out.
    I agree with 3 of your 4 points. Disagree that he doesn't use teammates in a better position. I feel this year that he has become unselfish and he is passing the ball more. He is our barometer in the forward line and we need him buzzing around.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by SwanSand View Post
    I thought we were very good against a very good side who are very well drilled. The Mills goal was the only way things were going to work for us with lever and May in defence. We just needed some run and some composure in the middle.
    This performance will hold us in good stead. I reckon Longmire knew how to beat Melbourne but in the end we were not good enough.
    Thought the three players who will be under pressure - Sinclair, wicks and oriordan.
    Fox was amazing for first game back. Cunningham was amazing too. The opposition are putting pressure on Dawson and taking his time away.
    I agree that Sinclair, Wicks and O’Riordan are not best 22. Let’s get Braeden in for Colin, and if Reid isn’t fit, Logan in for Sinclair. Wicks may ultimately be, but needs a break.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Why does sinclair go for marks one handed, in the rain?
    I think I remember that one, pretty much in front of goal. I think he wanted to tap it to a team mate but should have just marked it as he was basically unopposed. Silly decision. Can't take a bloody chest mark either. As a Lever decoy (only 9 disposals), it sort of worked tonight and as much as he tries his guts out, I think his time is nigh. He provides depth value only now.

Senior Player
    Positives:

Absolutely sensational game from Mills.

Another stormer from Warner, who’s fast becoming a personal favourite.

I thought Lloyd embarrassed the chronic detractors; ran as hard as anyone.

As good as McInerney has played in a tight game.

Warming the Bench
    How Sinclair was selected on a greasy night is beyond me. Could be his last game for a while.

Buddy did not look like he was moving well at all and unfortunately was up against a good defender. I don’t want him finishing off his career trying to milk free kicks. Play him when the medical team and coaches both deem he is fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Warming the Bench
    I love that we really gave ourselves a shot at this against the benchmark and there is bloodletting.

Lighten up.

So much upside from tonight. We were two kicks away from winning against the undefeated side with our new forward line producing sweet fa.

We are right in this season, up to our eyeballs.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Why does sinclair go for marks one handed, in the rain?
    Was thinking the same thing Barry. Often goes up one handed.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    Great effort by the boys. I felt the only difference on the day was Oliver, whom never seem to fumble the ball when almost everyone else had the fumbles.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    I agree that Sinclair, Wicks and O’Riordan are not best 22. Let’s get Braeden in for Colin, and if Reid isn’t fit, Logan in for Sinclair. Wicks may ultimately be, but needs a break.
    I thought COR looked lost in the first half. Lost and fumbly. But he turned it around after half-time and did some good stuff. I'm not sure Campbell would have been any better at this stage of his career.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Positives:

Another stormer from Warner, who’s fast becoming a personal favourite.
    Warner continues to be a revelation this year. Or maybe he's done it so regularly that I should stop being surprised.

Watching Oliver (who had a very good game), it occurred to me that one day (hopefully soon) Warner will develop the supreme confidence in his ability that Oliver has, and then watch out. (Another season or two of strength conditioning will help too.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I agree with 3 of your 4 points. Disagree that he doesn't use teammates in a better position. I feel this year that he has become unselfish and he is passing the ball more. He is our barometer in the forward line and we need him buzzing around.
    Papley is buzzing around and I can’t fault him on effect or intensity. He is perhaps going too fast and that leads him to not having the composure of a Tony Green.

I believe he can become as good as Green in time.

I think showing due respect to the umpires is an important fundamental in AFL. By abusing an umpire and giving a 50m he is demonstrating a complete lack of respect for umpires.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    Papley is buzzing around and I can’t fault him on effect or intensity. He is perhaps going too fast and that leads him to not having the composure of a Tony Green.

I believe he can become as good as Green in time.

I think showing due respect to the umpires is an important fundamental in AFL. By abusing an umpire and giving a 50m he is demonstrating a complete lack of respect for umpires.
    You have to earn respect mate. I cant say even 1 of them deserves respect atm.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I thought COR looked lost in the first half. Lost and fumbly. But he turned it around after half-time and did some good stuff. I'm not sure Campbell would have been any better at this stage of his career.

Warner continues to be a revelation this year. Or maybe he's done it so regularly that I should stop being surprised.

Watching Oliver (who had a very good game), it occurred to me that one day (hopefully soon) Warner will develop the supreme confidence in his ability that Oliver has, and then watch out. (Another season or two of strength conditioning will help too.)
    On Colin and Braeden:
    - Braeden offers a better kick, ambition, counterpunch run. Probably not as strong, sure.
    - unless we think it’s detrimental to play Braeden, his development is a comparative priority.

Warner is already our most powerful midfield runner. Nearest competition is Florent, but the latter is more evasive. Chad is power - in the hips, with speed, takes initiative. He’s going to be frighteningly good.