Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 9: Swans v Pies.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    After 20+ years of McGuire telling us how wonderful he'd made Collingwood, we emphasize that he left the club in disarray by giving them a start and a beating!

Go you marvellous little Cygnets!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post

Impressive that he covered 16 km the next best was 14.5 km huge tank obviously
    Yes, and I think that he's becoming more dangerous, as his team mates are realising that with that running, he's often getting himself in good positions. Although I suspect that a fair bit of his running, would have the main purpose of making space for other forwards.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    18 disposals, nine marks and 6 tackles......great effort. Improving with every chance he gets. Logan must be thinking 'I have to really impress to get back' and that leads to a better list overall. You have to earn your recall.
    I thought McLean was superb in the second half. He has pretty decent hands, great work rate and a decent tackle too.

He is never going to be a superstar but he plays a role and was important today, and always gives a good effort and contest.

Took us some time to grind into it after a poor first quarter, but it was a decent performance after that in such windy conditions. Not a game for the highlights reel of the season but job done and 4 points banked.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Best game yet from McLean. It bodes well for the post Buddy era where a Mc-Mc forward is looking a reasonable prospect for the future. It could be that Buddy becomes a decoy for McLean.

Also very good games from McInerney and Wicks. I think McInerney could have a future as a defender if we want to play him there.

It was a dreadful 1st half and the game only had a few good moments. We have to find a way playing better when the pressure is high and we have to expect that teams will bring the pressure against us considering how well teams have when they have.

The Chad probably needs to go to the VFL to work on his “craft” only 1 clearance and 7 CP

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    How cute it Tom Hickey - he’s out there just havin fun.
    After he said he goes out there and tries to make friends with his opponent I turned to Stella junior and all I could think to say was "that's adorable" and he smiled and agreed. What a wonderful guy to have the opportunity to cheer for at our club.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    That was a seriously good game by McLean. Given Reid is probably out for a while and McDonald will be up and down being so young, there’s a great opportunity for him.

The amount of contests he got to, his marking, his tackling . . . all terrific. And I reckon he’d be a coach’s dream. Loved it.
    I'm genuinely surprised at how many contests he gets to. I enjoyed watching him play last year and assumed if he developed as a forward it would be as a stay at home tall, but he looked to be effectively playing as a lead up CHF for large chunks of today.

He really must have put in the hard yards during the pre-season. Agree that coaches must love him, he seems to be learning every game.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    The Chad probably needs to go to the VFL to work on his “craft” only 1 clearance and 7 CP
    Yep.....1 clearance and 1 tackle compared to JB's 4 clearances and 6 tackles.....must be time for a craft lesson.

Rowbottom was tough at the contest, Warner great on the burst. I think it's clear that they are the heirs apparent to Kennedy / Parker.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Rowbottom was tough at the contest, Warner great on the burst. I think it's clear that they are the heirs apparent to Kennedy / Parker.
    I enjoyed the Warner goal that started with what appeared to really solid work from Rowbottom at the bottom of the park. They are both very likely to be key cogs going forward, irrespective of some minority opinions expressed by some.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Hayward has to have better awareness there.
    Not his forte but he contributed well today.

Great to play Collingwood in day time and to win. Have been to too many losses.

The wind was severe - having a kick outside the ground the ball was going everywhere but straight - so I think some allowance needs to be made in terms of game asthetic.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast