Page 34 of 529 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

BTW
    Chad Warners goal was special on the wknd but his immediate backing up and winning the centre bounce contest like a seasoned player for me was even a greater indication of the kids potential.
    Backing up and making two big impacts in row............wish he signed to 2024 with Blakey and Rowie as well..........but ill take 2023 as this kid appears to be our next Luke Parker
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    BTW Chad Warners goal was special on the wknd
    Highlight of the game for me. It was "dustyesque". Breathtakingly good!

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    BTW
    Chad Warners goal was special on the wknd but his immediate backing up and winning the centre bounce contest like a seasoned player for me was even a greater indication of the kids potential.
    Backing up and making two big impacts in row............wish he signed to 2024 with Blakey and Rowie as well..........but ill take 2023 as this kid appears to be our next Luke Parker
    Parker is an out and out star of the game but bookmark me on this - we can dream even bigger with The Chad. He is the total package and everything you could want in a superstar - explosive leg speed, penetrating kick of the ball, awesome goal sense, total hard nut. Kind of talent you build a dynasty around if we are fortunate enough.

Dunno if he will get to Dusty level but its not a matter of if Chad becomes a top 5 player in the comp, but when and how long he can hold that status for.

Could be relevant for mid-season draft: See the squads: Why AFL scouts will keep a sharp eye on Colgate Young Guns U23 Game. I don't know much about these names except Ned Moyle's name keeps cropping up as a young ruck prospect.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Could be relevant for mid-season draft: See the squads: Why AFL scouts will keep a sharp eye on Colgate Young Guns U23 Game. I don't know much about these names except Ned Moyle's name keeps cropping up as a young ruck prospect.
    Same great names. I assume Dylan Thomas won't go gently into this good night, and nice to see Ryan O'Keefe reborn!

Now that Collingwood has lost their List Manager, I would not be surprised if they make a big money play for Kinnear Beatson. I believe that he is under contract so hopefully we will be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    Now that Collingwood has lost their List Manager, I would not be surprised if they make a big money play for Kinnear Beatson. I believe that he is under contract so hopefully we will be ok.
    They may make a beeline for Ross Lyon, Paul Roos or Stephen Silvagni. I doubt anyone else would want to take up the job. There is too much fighting in the Board.

I'm not sure about any of those first two guys as List Managers? Coaches or Football Managers maybe? I'm not sure that SOS covered himself in glory as a List Manager at GWS or Carlton?

To confirm, how many players do you need to take in the NAB AFL draft?

With so many 1st, 2nd and 3rd year players tracking so strongly in their development, would it be wise for the Swans this year to trade out their 2021 1st and 2nd round picks for future picks?

If there is not the Academy crop this year like 2020 why not trade for future picks and points.

There may be a better draft and Academy crop in 2022 as opposed to 2021.

There may be clubs who desperately need our picks to get targeted players and we could extract great future draft value.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    To confirm, how many players do you need to take in the NAB AFL draft?

With so many 1st, 2nd and 3rd year players tracking so strongly in their development, would it be wise for the Swans this year to trade out their 2021 1st and 2nd round picks for future picks?

If there is not the Academy crop this year like 2020 why not trade for future picks and points.

There may be a better draft and Academy crop in 2022 as opposed to 2021.

There may be clubs who desperately need our picks to get targeted players and we could extract great future draft value.
    It’s 3 picks from memory . This year is a strong draft can’t see us trading our first pick unless we bring in a gun from another club

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gloveski View Post
    It’s 3 picks from memory . This year is a strong draft can’t see us trading our first pick unless we bring in a gun from another club

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We'll probably only have pick 18 anyway