Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Adam Goodes and Hall of Fame

A powerful statement by Eddie Betts. Thanks for sharing this link.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Forgive my forgetfulness, but wasn't Rio Tinto the mob who blew up sacred gorges in Western Australia?
    Even if it wasn't, you're raping land for profit.
    Yep, Juukan Gorge in the Pilbara (WA). Rio decided there was $140M worth of iron ore there so they blew up the ancient rock shelters so
    they could get at it. They only made $10 billion profit that year, so you know, things were a little tight.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    From the Fitzpatrick statement in 2015.... "I have been fortunate to be a director of the two organisations in Australia which I believe have
    achieved much for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders - Rio Tinto and the AFL". Yep, not just the AFL, but Rio Tinto as well. The twin towers
    of virtue signaling in this country.
    Yes....Rio Tinto......the company that destroys sacred indigenous sites. Gobsmacking.....

Adam Goodes is a man of principle and courage and I have enormous respect for him.

Unlike the AFL which still hasn't got a clue. I noticed that during the Indigenous round Adam was barely mentioned. The only person who did speak of him was Eddie Betts, and Eddie said that Adam was a legend and an inspiration. I agree with Eddie.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisi View Post
    Adam Goodes is a man of principle and courage and I have enormous respect for him.

Unlike the AFL which still hasn't got a clue. I noticed that during the Indigenous round Adam was barely mentioned. The only person who did speak of him was Eddie Betts, and Eddie said that Adam was a legend and an inspiration. I agree with Eddie.
    +1

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post
    I agree with every pixel of this. I can scarcely say the word Fitzpatrick without wanting to vomit with rage.
    WE have many, many, many reasons to hate Carlton. The fact that Fitzpatrick played for them is a big one.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    I know this is a bit of a side note but: you know whom I would eventually like to see inducted into the AFL Hall of Fame . . .

Richard Colless. The AFL has occasionally admitted administrators.

Along with a bucket of earlier stuff, he was the inaugural Chair of the West Coast Eagles who devised their bid and then when they came into the comp, and the Chair who basically (along with others) salvaged then gave Sydney its sustained era of stability and success and was there through two flags, it’d be justified.

I’m a bit biased because I was lucky enough to get to know him a bit, but think it’s valid he get a nod at some point.

Veteran Site Admin
    The kind of comment you would expect from the wonderful Tony Armstrong...

Yokayi Footy: Adam Goodes, you're already in OUR Hall of Fame

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post

Amen to that.....and beautifully put by Tony.

Tony is a wonderful young man. This is by no means a way of bragging but I have met him many occasions and he has always been nothing but gracious, kind and generous with his time. Though i wish his on-field talents could've shone more, I am so thrilled he's found a way to remain an active voice in the AFL community! He is yet another brilliant example of an indigenous role model to come out of the Swans! Well done Tony!

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar

That could not have been more beautifully expressed! Thanks for posting liz.

Thanks for sharing this, Liz.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast