Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: swans memberships fr 2022

Regular in the Side

swans memberships fr 2022

Just rec'd via ,my details for 2022 membership. Seems like we Vivs are loosing our current membership in favour of a choice of 2. Vic flexi $110. doent include games mus pay and additional $15 per game . IOf you attend all vic games assume 6 =$200 and u need to book wwith the swans as last year. OR Vic ultimate for $182 includes all games in vic. The old vic silver is no longer available. We paid $111.35 (was discounted because of covid for 2021 and could attend all games in vic as long as u got the notification
    Have asked memship dept why the change it seems to me this will be more work for all.
    WHAt is happening in NSW and other states. Seems to me that we are not wanted in Victoria

Senior Player
    What is wrong with 6 games for $182? Thirty bucks a game seems very reasonable to me. Or have I misread it? I always think going to
    games in Australia is very cheap compared to the equivalent sports in say the UK or US.
    Last edited by KTigers; 1st October 2021 at 11:24 AM.

Regular in the Side
    nothings wrong with it BUT why the change, what was wrong with the Vic silver. why do we need thevic flexi .

After watching a few games in Melb before covid hit I think it’s cheap . Days of cheap tickets to the football are long gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    nothings wrong with it BUT why the change, what was wrong with the Vic silver. why do we need thevic flexi .
    Because it does what it says on the tin - provides flexibility? I think it makes a lot of sense to be honest to have one membership where there is flexibility to add on games, and one membership that is all inclusive.

The real whinge is because they've gotten rid of the cheaper 'all inclusive' ticket. That's the real issue - not the introduction of the flexible ticket.
    Last edited by mcs; 2nd October 2021 at 01:28 PM.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Regular in the Side
    so what do nsw members get?

Just rec'd via ,my details for 2022 membership. Seems like we Vivs are loosing our current membership in favour of a choice of 2. Vic flexi $110. doent include games mus pay and additional $15 per game . IOf you attend all vic games assume 6 =$200 and u need to book wwith the swans as last year. OR Vic ultimate for $182 includes all games in vic. The old vic silver is no longer available. We paid $111.35 (was discounted because of covid for 2021 and could attend all games in vic as long as u got the notification
    Have asked memship dept why the change it seems to me this will be more work for all.
    WHAt is happening in NSW and other states. Seems to me that we are not wanted in Victoria
    I received the same message. I can read all of your comments above but it does represent a 50% increase in the previous fee which I think is a bit rich and difficult to justify in the current climate. As a point of difference, Melbourne Storm are not charging anything for memberships next year as a reward to members for the last 2 years of disruption

Quote Originally Posted by 111431 View Post
    I received the same message. I can read all of your comments above but it does represent a 50% increase in the previous fee which I think is a bit rich and difficult to justify in the current climate. As a point of difference, Melbourne Storm are not charging anything for memberships next year as a reward to members for the last 2 years of disruption
    I don't think the change is particularly well timed, but I can see why it makes a lot of sense to the club - despite protestations, it represents a simplification of the membership structure.

Also, it is not really a 50% increase - because the platinum level membership/ultimate (whatever it is now called) does come with additional benefits (how much value someone puts on that depends on individual circumstances) that did not come with the silver level membership. But it is an increase at a challenging time.

I'd suspect there is probably a fair amount of support for a flexible membership option like they've introduced, given for a lot of people getting to every game is not really feasible.

Will be interesting to see if further changes are made to NSW based memberships this year - I think there was a flexible membership last year of some form per say, but can't remember to be honest.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Regular in the Side
    vic ultimate includes somw syney hom games most victorians wond use or cant use, thast is what frustrates me and my family. so why change except to get more money.

Senior Player
    I don't think it is realistic to expect the cost of going to games to remain as low as it is in the future. I've posted about this a number of times
    in the last couple years. When you look at the money side of the game and how it has stagnated (even before Covid) it is inevitable that ticket
    prices are going to increase a fair bit in the next five or so years.

Just rec'd via ,my details for 2022 membership. Seems like we Vivs are loosing our current membership in favour of a choice of 2. Vic flexi $110. doent include games mus pay and additional $15 per game . IOf you attend all vic games assume 6 =$200 and u need to book wwith the swans as last year. OR Vic ultimate for $182 includes all games in vic.
    This is an example of the bastardisation of memberships in the AFL, by all clubs. Back in the day when memberships were a @@@@@ measuring exercise, they equated to how many rusted-on supporters you had which were prepared to pay up front for a seat at every avaliable game.

This Vic-flexi (for $110!) is no such thing. What the point of that membership category?

Memberships dont really measure anything anymore. Half them are more like a donation to the club.

vic ultimate includes somw syney hom games most victorians wond use or cant use, thast is what frustrates me and my family. so why change except to get more money.
    As KT said, the cost of going to games is not going to be able to continue to stay at the levels they have been.

So of course part of it is about money - that should not suprise anyone. The club needs to be sustainable, and is going to need to draw on every revenue stream it can given we have had 2 COVID stuffed years, a new AFLW team to fund, a new training facility to build. Even at $190 per year or what it is, it still lines up fairly well against ticket prices if you buy game by game (Its a while since I had a VIC membership, so don't know what category of seating it equates to these days) - and while you might not use the Sydney home games, in a normal year many victorian members do - it is an inclusion that has value to many people (likewise the inclusion on some Sydney memberships of a game in Melbourne each year has value to people going the other way).

I suspect the flexi membership also allows the club to maximise what part of that $110 it keeps - i.e. it only has to pay out to the AFL (or wherever it is that manages tickets) when a person elects to purchase a ticket, not a chunk of every membership where its all inclusive of entry. No idea about the $ figures around this, but across thousands of memberships it probably isn't insignificant.

And yes Barry, membership is a very different thing to what is once was, but that is the modern AFL for you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast