HB Lloyd PMac Blakey
    C Heeney Mills Florent
    HF Gulden McDonald Hayward
    F Ladhams Buddy Papley
    Foll Hickey Warner Parker
    Int JPK JMac Campbell Rowbotton
    Med Sub Wicks
    Emerg Stephens Amartey Fox Bell

With another preseason under the belts of Logan, Campbell and Gulden and the addition of Ladhams, I'd say this team is arguably stronger than the side that fronted up to GWS in the final, even without he who shall not be mentioned and Hewett.

Suspended by the MRP
    We dont have P Mccartin yet . Fox in for now . Swap Rowbottom for Wicks and you have a solid team but defence is a worry

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    We dont have P Mccartin yet . Fox in for now . Swap Rowbottom for Wicks and you have a solid team but defence is a worry
    I knew you would say drop Rowbottom for Wicks but I understand your reasoning.
    Re PMac, yes he's not in yet and may not be. If not, Fox, Melican, Gould or BOC with left field options of Amartey or Reid. The third key defender is definitely a very open position.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    B Cunningham TMac Rampe
    HB Lloyd PMac Blakey
    C Heeney Mills Florent
    HF Gulden McDonald Hayward
    F Ladhams Buddy Papley
    Foll Hickey Warner Parker
    Int JPK JMac Campbell Rowbotton
    Med Sub Wicks
    Emerg Stephens Amartey Fox Bell

With another preseason under the belts of Logan, Campbell and Gulden and the addition of Ladhams, I'd say this team is arguably stronger than the side that fronted up to GWS in the final, even without he who shall not be mentioned and Hewett.
    Really like that team. Well done. Would start J-Mac on a wing instead of Florent.

Would like Campbell, J-Mac and Blakey in the backline for long periods so I can watch the speed, daring, run and carry and counter attack.

I would back Paddy to be the FB plan.

That’s not to mention if a draft pick has a brilliant pre-season demanded selection.

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    Hi Admins;

Can we add this to the R1 2022 thread that started in August?
    sprite

Sorry TB- we can’t have Fox at FB- he is simply not big enough for the monster forwards. Pelican preferred and maybe Robbie to the bench. Re: Rowbottom- let’s see how he goes in pre- season as I for one was disappointed in Wicks in his last 6 or so games. By the same token, your pet Rowy wasn’t too hot either!

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Sorry TB- we can’t have Fox at FB- he is simply not big enough for the monster forwards. Pelican preferred and maybe Robbie to the bench. Re: Rowbottom- let’s see how he goes in pre- season as I for one was disappointed in Wicks in his last 6 or so games. By the same token, your pet Rowy wasn’t too hot either!
    No comment other than to say who cares about the last 6 games for a young player, Wicks is young and will straighten out his consistency , and im saying this as a skeptic

Hi all,

Had a gander at the list and this is my take, kids taken in the upcoming draft notwithstanding:

B Cunningham Rampe Lloyd
    HB Blakey McCartin Mcinerney
    C Florent Warner Heeney
    HF Papley Franklin Gulden
    F Hayward McDonald Wicks
    R Hickey Parker Mills
    IC Kennedy Ladhams Campbell Melican/Fox

Medi sub-Melican/Fox

Depth - Amartey, Stephens, McLean, Rowbottom, O'Riordan,

(I cheated - i couldn't decide between Melican and Fox!! I don't know if JL will be able to decide between them either! But that 7th spot in defence would have to go to one of them you would think, to shore up the defence. O'Riordan and Paddy Mac other options..)

Veterans List
    Let's not forget what Braeden Campbell can bring to us. We saw a sample of his sublime skills in the early games until he suffered the stress injury. Injury free I would have him in the starting 22. I don't want him to play HBF as I see his value being running on to the ball and kicking into the forward line. With Heeney training with the midfield group, I see the wing as Campbell's spot next year and eventually moving into the midfield. We were obsessed with getting him with the early pick so the club see him as something special. It's going to be very competitive for spots.

I'm hoping Stephens & Gould have breakout years whereby they've established themselves as regulars by season's end. Adding quality depth to our midfield & defence respectively.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Let's not forget what Braeden Campbell can bring to us. We saw a sample of his sublime skills in the early games until he suffered the stress injury. Injury free I would have him in the starting 22. I don't want him to play HBF as I see his value being running on to the ball and kicking into the forward line. With Heeney training with the midfield group, I see the wing as Campbell's spot next year and eventually moving into the midfield. We were obsessed with getting him with the early pick so the club see him as something special. It's going to be very competitive for spots.
    We have a whopping amount of talent and only limited spots to fit them , we will realise we cant leave players with genuine elite talents out while players with no star potential stay in , as was still the case too much this year

We have a whopping amount of talent and only limited spots to fit them , we will realise we cant leave players with genuine elite talents out while players with no star potential stay in , as was still the case too much this year
    If you are referring to Bell, then I agree with you as he was given a run of games which were deserved, but unfortunately couldn’t grasp the opportunity with both hands. Stephens? Had to be given a few games.

However if you also had you know who in mind, let’s see how he goes in pre- season and if regains full fitness. Unfair to judge otherwise as the potential is there but you may turn out to be right- time will tell, but don’t write him off just yet!

Can’t think of anyone else, so that’s not too shabby!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast