Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: First preseason game v Giants in Albury

Senior Player

First preseason game v Giants in Albury

Andrew Wu published a solid report today with some background intel on Friday's game and the best 22 moving forward: https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...23-p59yyb.html.

Reckons:
    - Buddy likely to play on Friday after 'bagful' in the intraclub
    - Paddy McCartin is competing with Melican and Reid for third tall after 'impress[ing] Swans officials with strong performances in the club’s match simulation over the summer'
    - Hickey and Ladhams are both intended best 22.

That's all good news in my view. I thought tall defence was sub elite last year, and Paddy is the only available option to take it to the elite level.

Mills won't play, and his injury is my biggest worry going forward. It's hard to see that just going away if he's still got it after several months. If he doesn't play over the season, it's hard to see us being the best team.

And the premiership should be the objective this year.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Sounds about right. I want to see how Roberts goes. I think he is a smoke for round 1

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk
    Just seeing if I can cure the thread by replying to this in tapatalk. I thought I may have corrected the original link snafu by editing its format in tapatalk, but the gremlin persists.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Just seeing if I can cure the thread by replying to this in tapatalk. I thought I may have corrected the original link snafu by editing its format in tapatalk, but the gremlin persists.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    I didn't send a link

??????

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I didn't send a link

??????

I suspect it was something to do with you quoting MattW's post where he did have a link. For some reason that created a lot of guff underneath your comments that stuffed the thread up in the same way that posting a link not compatible with RWO. I have no idea why that happened. It's not something I've seen before.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Has anyone happened to spot if we'll be able to watch this in any way (other than choofing down to Albury)?
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Has anyone happened to spot if we'll be able to watch this in any way (other than choofing down to Albury)?
    It appears to be only on Kayo, and that's the subscription version, not the Kayo Freebies service, that allowed free access to some VFL games last year.

Although in better news, I think I read that this season's VFL games will be streamed on the AFL site and app.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    It appears to be only on Kayo, and that's the subscription version, not the Kayo Freebies service, that allowed free access to some VFL games last year.

Although in better news, I think I read that this season's VFL games will be streamed on the AFL site and app.
    While that it true, new subscribers get a 14 day free trial period. So you can sign up, watch this week and next, and then cancel.

So hopefully this will be on WatchAFL for us overseas
    Last edited by sharp9; 24th February 2022 at 03:46 PM.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    While that it true, new subscribers get a 14 day free trial period. So you can sign up, watch this week and next, and then cancel.
    Merci, I'll take a look at that. I'm rather excited about the chance of seeing the boys run around.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by sharp9 View Post
    So hopefully this will be on WatchAFL for us overseas
    It is.​It was hidden under Specials but now comes up on Home Page

Veteran Site Admin
    Squad has been announced. TEAMS: New faces, stars galore in Friday's five practice matches

SYDNEY

1. Chad Warner, 2. Hayden Mclean, 3. Dylan Stephens, 4. Ryan Clarke, 5. Isaac Heeney, 6. Logan Mcdonald, 7. Harry Cunningham, 8. James Rowbottom, 9. Will Hayward, 11. Tom Papley, 12. Josh Kennedy, 13. Oliver Florent, 15. Sam Wicks, 16. Braeden Campbell, 17. Will Gould, 18. Callum Sinclair, 19. Peter Ladhams, 20. Sam Reid, 21. Errol Gulden, 22. Nicholas Blakey, 23. Lance Franklin, 24. Dane Rampe, 25. Ben Ronke, 26. Luke Parker, 27. Justin Mcinerney, 28. Lewis Taylor, 29. Angus Sheldrick, 30. Tom McCartin, 31. Tom Hickey, 32. James Bell, 34. Matthew Roberts, 35. Barry O'Connor, 39. Patrick McCartin, 41. Lachlan Rankin, 42. Robbie Fox, 44. Jake Lloyd, 46. Lachlan McAndrew, 48. Angus Anderson (VFL), 49. Jake Bartholomaeus (VFL)

Mills expectedly missing. Rowbottom too. After a very quick (and maybe error riddled) scan, other missing names seem to include Amartey, COR, Corey Warner, Melican.

Interesting to see Melican absent (think that's because he's been training on the sidelines all season - reckon it's going to be Paddy for R1).

Other stand out is Angus Anderson's selection. Could this be connected to Sam Naismith being moved to the inactive list??
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast