Page 75 of 198 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125175 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 List management, trading, drafting

FWIW Just heard Andy Mahr on SEN say according to his Sydney source he's spoken with today, Buddy will be at Sydney next year. Contract is close to being finalized, with just few final edges around how the last $100k will be paid (i.e. promotions etc...).

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Peeps, told ya all last night not to get wound up by the click bait.

'News to me': Lance Franklin talk a surprise for Brisbane Lions coach Chris Fagan

For those who say, he would say that or they’d talk to the manager, don’t fuss. It’s basically a journo running a wild yarn off the fact Bud and his wife have bought an investment property in QLD they might use in retirement to go 2+2=5.

Trust me, the chances of Bud playing in Brisbane next year are as long as me having a week off the grog.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Peeps, told ya all last night not to get wound up by the click bait.

'News to me': Lance Franklin talk a surprise for Brisbane Lions coach Chris Fagan

For those who say, he would say that or they’d talk to the manager, don’t fuss. It’s basically a journo running a wild yarn off the fact Bud and his wife have bought an investment property in QLD they might use in retirement to go 2+2=5.

Trust me, the chances of Bud playing in Brisbane next year are as long as me having a week off the grog.
    Spot on. At this time of the year it’s all wild speculation and rumour coming from a large part of the media. In the end, usually less than 10% of the stories have basis in fact.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    FWIW Just heard Andy Mahr on SEN say according to his Sydney source he's spoken with today, Buddy will be at Sydney next year. Contract is close to being finalized, with just few final edges around how the last $100k will be paid (i.e. promotions etc...).
    One day I’ll live in a world where the last $100k of my salary is just a trifling detail!

Here’s the link

Franklin set to remain at Sydney following conflicting reports

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    One day I’ll live in a world where the last $100k of my salary is just a trifling detail!

Here’s the link

Franklin set to remain at Sydney following conflicting reports
    Thanks for the link, Mark. Its pleasing to hear that this speculation might soon be put to bed and that he plays another season with us. Hopefully, Maher's source is accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kafka's Ghost View Post
    Spot on. At this time of the year it’s all wild speculation and rumour coming from a large part of the media. In the end, usually less than 10% of the stories have basis in fact.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
    This afternoon, I saw a 9 Queensland story by the guy who wrote last night's article. He was desperately trying to spin Fagan saying something like, 'We haven't talked to him, but if he was thinking of moving, we'd be mad not to', into something like, 'no, my original story had credibility'. Of course, he didn't repeat his earlier claim that Buddy had decided to go to the Lions, because it now seems pretty obvious that he hasn't.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    This afternoon, I saw a 9 Queensland story by the guy who wrote last night's article. He was desperately trying to spin Fagan saying something like, 'We haven't talked to him, but if he was thinking of moving, we'd be mad not to', into something like, 'no, my original story had credibility'. Of course, he didn't repeat his earlier claim that Buddy had decided to go to the Lions, because it now seems pretty obvious that he hasn't.
    And let’s remember the actual bull@@@@ in the original story was he’d told the Swans he was out of the joint. Which has never ever happened.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    One can only assume he’s tendered his resignation and Ch9 will be running a retraction ASAP

John Ralph on the Foxtel coverage of the Pies v Dees game tonight reporting that Swans and Buddy close to a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    One can only assume he’s tendered his resignation and Ch9 will be running a retraction ASAP
    I'm not sure if 9 places a huge emphasis on truth?

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    The news of the day if that's true. I felt sad thinking that I would see him play live in our colours only once more against Collingwood and then maybe a home final. Another year of seeing Buddy live at the SCG is a gift to cherish

Buddy through his manager saying his future is undecided. Contract talks put on hold till end of season to focus on his footy.

AFL news 2022: Lance Franklin breaks silence on future, Swans to Lions rumours | news.com.au — Australia’s leading news site

I'm getting the impression Buddy will either sign on with us or retire at season's end. I don't think going to another club is on the cards.