Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Adam Goodes - kicking distance

Adam Goodes - kicking distance

So the last five games the double brownlow medallist (and total swans champion) Goodesy has passed off every set shot opportunity. He used to have shots outside 50metres. My question is how close does Adam have to be to goals before he will actually have a shot? My guess is 30 metres...

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeparovic View Post
    So the last five games the double brownlow medallist (and total swans champion) Goodesy has passed off every set shot opportunity. He used to have shots outside 50metres. My question is how close does Adam have to be to goals before he will actually have a shot? My guess is 30 metres...
    Maybe this is what he is talking about when he says that there are some things he can't do. His first possession in his comeback game was a long shot from 55m, but he has not tried it since.

Yay Adam kicked a goal from a set shot in 2014. So he probably kicked goal from 15m in and it travelled 30m behind goals so 40-45m distance???

40 metres is about his limit. His kicks around the ground are about that.

Can't really be critical, but I he's doing everything with restricted movement. He seems to pull out of a lot of contests and his 1%ers are...lacking. But...
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

Goodes is such a smart and creative player, you have to double his possession count to get a better reflection of his contribution.

Can't understand why Reg is so clean in the wet, but so fumbley when it's dry. Reg and all the defenders were very good today.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Goodes is such a smart and creative player, you have to double his possession count to get a better reflection of his contribution.

Can't understand why Reg is so clean in the wet, but so fumbley when it's dry. Reg and all the defenders were very good today.
    Davo was so smart you had to quadruple his. Robbed of many a Brownlow.

I just need Goodesy to kick a scrubby little goal when needed, like the one he kicked in the 2012 granny!!

He's an old man... don't expect 50 metre bombs from him.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

I barely expect much anymore. Absent some sort of cloning arrangement to replace his legs it is his last season. He is managing a goal or two from forward fifty stoppages and the occasional cheapie running past the contest.

Like Judd and brown and ball and riewoldt and Hayes - the whole generation who started around the millennium their bodies are all just failing them and their ability to impact games are now cameo like rather than significant.

It is my hope that goodes will rage against the dying of the light all the way through to the last sat in September.

Respect the time left by probably the best and most decorated indigenous player in Afl / Vfl people he has slowed down cant kick as far barely run out games .But in this years grand final whose going to stop him !

I swear he is just trying to give his mates goals.

With his knees I'm assuming if he tries to kick over 50m his leg would fly off and go further than the ball. The old fella is doing alright.

Can't say the same for the boring flogs who continue to boo him. Arseholes

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast