Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Round 15: Swans v Demons @ Cazaly's

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I’m interested to hear from Auntie.Gerald after that performance.
    Me also , I posted something very similar earlier. They have been conspicuously quiet tonight...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Good games from some much criticized players. Clarke and Squizzy particularly. Thurlow was also solid, except for a couple of fumbles in defence, but his kicking is very good. Wicks is more than just a tackler. He's a solid field and goal kicker. McLean isn't quick, but is quite clever for such an inexperienced player.

There's a lot to work with here. And still plenty of good players and prospects not in the side.

But Melbourne really didn't play well at all. They missed plenty of opportunities and their pressure wasn't that great either.

I liked us with 3 tall defenders. None of them had great games, but the extra height was valuable. It was hard stopping Gawn, but Petracca was kept fairly quiet.

I remember that Ed Langdon was one of our trade targets, but went to Melbourne. He got plenty of the ball, but his kicking was horrid. Happy that trade didn't come off.
    Weren't the Swans after Ed's brother Tom?

I also much prefer us with three tall defenders. I thought McCartin was good. He's so brave and also intelligent. A number of timely defensive fists and a trademark contested mark.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    I think he has the potential to be an AA defender but it will all depend on how much we need him forward. Personally, I like him back and McLean forward.
    Yes, me too. I think McCartin's more valuable to us back.

Goes up to 11
    Harry C and Fox are becoming quite the pair down back. Not flashy or anything but they're doing a good job.

Glad that Horse played McCartin back. He looks like he’s a natural there.

With Fox, AA, Pelican, Gould you’d hope that Rampe might get to play a more offensive role and Mills might be given leave to play inside the contest.

Cmon Horse!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Harry C and Fox are becoming quite the pair down back. Not flashy or anything but they're doing a good job.
    Is Harry C shaping up as Nick Smiths replacement?

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post

My highlight moment for the night however didn't lead to anything, but that passage in the third where Rowbottom just bulldozed his way through a bunch of players I just love how he plays the game - I have no doubts we have an absolute star in the making in him. Nice clever finish for the opener too!
    That passage was one of the most outrageous things I have seen a 19 year old do, and it won't even make the highlights compilation as Hayward blew it. You knew watching that he was going to get it out to a free Swan, even when he had no right to. Simply sublime strength and vision. Thought he was actually pretty quiet tonight, but still had some moments of brilliance. He is making more of a fool out of me with every game.

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    "Not trying to win" is a disease that's hard to shake off. Melbourne caught the disease some years ago and still hasn't recovered. I have a lot of good friends who are Melbourne supporters and these lovely people continue to be shafted by a club that, even now, doesn't care enough about winning. Today, a very talented team that needed to win to stay in finals contention played a team that has been decimated by injuries and had nothing to play for. The team that has heart and a soul got the 4 points.

Go you magnificent Cygnets!
    Lets not get head of ourselves. Nothing to play for? This is a young group in a strong team culture. Winning in a young DNA is everything for the future.

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    I questioned it, but he does add some class in forward 50. He's pretty clean, makes good decisions and kicks well. A bit savvier than Bell in that lone crumbing role.
    I questioned his inclusion. When he wants to play he plays. That's a problem for me.

G'Day everyone

loved the game vs Melb

reminded me more of the GWS game then the Port game

very exciting to watch

Im not sure why I am target in this thread though ?

I simply hold the view that our recruitment strategy and trajectory is showing the same lines as Melb and Carlton lost in the wilderness........that is a very different issue and totally seperate to enjoying week to week games
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyBloods View Post
    Lets not get head of ourselves. Nothing to play for? This is a young group in a strong team culture. Winning in a young DNA is everything for the future.
    That was the whole point of my post. When I said we had nothing to play for, I meant finals were out of reach. I was lauding our club for its integrity. We're trying to win every game no matter what. We don't tank! We've got too much honour for that.
    Last edited by Sandridge; 4th September 2020 at 09:27 AM.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    That was the whole point of my post. When I said we had nothing to play for, I meant finals were out of reach. I was lauding our club for its integrity! We're trying to win every game no matter what. We don't tank! We've got too much honour for that.
    Yep, John makes sure the standards are high and winning is always the goal.

Regular in the Side
    worried about why Ali and LLoyde didnt take marks in 1st qrt. Ali dropped 2 simple ones, Loyd just punched ball which could have beena chest mark, went to a demons man