Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: RWO site changes, bugs, disruptions thread

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Or perhaps the houour of our departing?
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Senior Player
    The old "don't copy/paste ABC URLs" problem strikes again in the latest match thread.

I just stuffed up the General Swans news thread. I'm not sure how because I thought I followed the correct procedure, clicking on the 'Globe' button etc. I'll have to review the instructions to see where I went awry. Sorry!
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Maybe this short video will help if the text instructions are not clear.

How to post a URL from ABC News to RWO

I tried posting a link this morning and it didn't work. I wanted to try posting the link again but:

* I tried to do it the right way the first time and it didn't work; and

* when I tried again I didn't get the same screen/message box as neilfws video shows

so I didn't proceed and press "submit". Not sure why it doesn't appear to be working.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

someone just posted an ABC link to the Elimination Final thread and its stuffed it up as it does every time

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Has there ever been 3 consecutive posts beginning with the word "Sorry"?
    The Canadians are coming!

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    The Canadians are coming!
    Sorry, I didn't mean to cause an international incident.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Home page (RWO - RedAndWhiteOnline.com ) has some stuffed CSS.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Check out the Swans v Giants Elimination Final 2021 thread starting with post 902. The Quote attribution section is not properly formed. I don't think it's a user error as there 3 consecutive posts with this error.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    Home page (RWO - RedAndWhiteOnline.com ) has some stuffed CSS.
    I have no idea what this means. Or whether it matters. Does anyone ever look at the home page?

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Check out the Swans v Giants Elimination Final 2021 thread starting with post 902. The Quote attribution section is not properly formed. I don't think it's a user error as there 3 consecutive posts with this error.
    It is user error. Or at least, user caused.

If one person tries to partially quote another post and gets the quote tags wrong, anyone who subsequently quotes that reply will inherit the incorrect quote tags unless they edit them themselves while they are responding (or go back in and edit when they see they have posted a reply with incorrect quote formatting).

The solution is to be careful when you are replying with quote to a post where the quote formatting is clearly incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    It is user error. Or at least, user caused.

If one person tries to partially quote another post and gets the quote tags wrong, anyone who subsequently quotes that reply will inherit the incorrect quote tags unless they edit them themselves while they are responding (or go back in and edit when they see they have posted a reply with incorrect quote formatting).

The solution is to be careful when you are replying with quote to a post where the quote formatting is clearly incorrect.
    Yes. I see what you mean. The problem goes back a long way with repeated citations of the original error. It's a bit tricky to notice that there's a problem in those circumstances.