Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Covid impact (split thread)

Covid impact (split thread)

On FC classified tonight Eddie mentioned the AFL is making contingency plans for this weekend R8 in light of the NSW covid community case. It involves the following:
    -Swans will now travel to Melbourne 24hrs earlier on Friday & be prepared for extended stay.
    - All Geelong players currently being tested fot covid 19
    - Essendon players prepared to enter Bio.Bubble in Sydney in their clash with GWS.
    - GWS v Essendon game could be moved to either Canberra or Melbourne.

Read the morning that the NSW Local COVID case also visited the Moore Park Prescient on Monday. He went to a gym and cafe in the Prescient.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    Read the morning that the NSW Local COVID case also visited the Moore Park Prescient on Monday. He went to a gym and cafe in the Prescient.
    Precinct

Update:

SMH reporting that Swans players are being tested as some players are known to frequent the Azure Cafe in the Moore Park Prescint. This is one of the cafe’s visited by the one NSW local case.

The State Treasurer has to isolate for 14 days after being to a Cafe and being identified as a close contact.

There is a possibility of a different predicted team taking on the Demons.

Update:

SMH reporting that Swans players are being tested as some players are known to frequent the Azure Cafe in the Moore Park Prescint. This is one of the cafe’s visited by the one NSW local case.

The State Treasurer has to isolate for 14 days after being to a Cafe and being identified as a close contact.

There is a possibility of a different predicted team taking on the Demons.
    If there are significant community cases over the next few days, we may not be playing at all as we won't be allowed into Melbourne and I doubt the AFL will send them up here.

Warming the Bench
    Turns out Horse and a number of coaches were there when the case visited. Isolating, according to Fox Sports
    Last edited by Vonsteinman; 6th May 2021 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Provide source

Another local case in Sydney now . All being linked to a US traveller that was in quarantine in Darling Harbour . Hopefully this doesn't blow up .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we may have a bye this week ...

Quote Originally Posted by Vonsteinman View Post
    Turns out Horse and a number of coaches were there when the case visited. Isolating, according to Fox Sports
    Wow. If the coaching group were there at the same time, does that mean 14 days isolation for the coaching group?

If that is the case and there are no coaches available, does Josh Kennedy become the 1st AFL playing coach since Jezza in the early 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    I think we may have a bye this week ...
    I hope everyone stays safe and this doesn't kick off . I have booked from Tassie to take the young fella for a boy's weekend of footy . He's a die hard Dee's fan so we have had this planned for a little while . I'm might have jinxed all of Australia with my plans

Senior Player
    Wow. If the coaching group were there at the same time, does that mean 14 days isolation for the coaching group?
    EDIT: now that I have read the story and consulted the Health website, I see that Azure cafe patrons are classed as casual contacts - so they just need to isolate until test is negative.

I was at a venue with a positive case last December, was classified as a close contact and had to self-isolate for 14 days (over Christmas!), regardless of my first test result.

It may depend on whether they are assessed as close contacts, which I think means were they there at the same time or on the same day. Otherwise may just have to isolate until a negative result is returned.

All very unfortunate, let's hope this is not the start of more problems (especially since I bought tickets for the Pies next week!)
    Last edited by neilfws; 6th May 2021 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Unless the rules have changed or are different for the AFL, I'd assume yes.

I was at a venue with a positive case last December, was classified as a close contact and had to self-isolate for 14 days (over Christmas!), regardless of my first test result.

It may depend on whether they are assessed as close contacts, which I think means were they there at the same time or on the same day. Otherwise may just have to isolate until a negative result is returned.

All very unfortunate, let's hope this is not the start of more problems (especially since I bought tickets for the Pies next week!)
    This was on twitter

John Longmire and other @sydneyswans coaches have been tested and are isolating after visiting a Moore Park cafe between 12.30-1pm on Monday which NSW health authorities have since identified as an area of COVID-19 concern.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast