Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Stand by Goodes

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    I won't tolerate it from anyone. I grew up in a time where I was told daily that I'm a greasy @@@ and to go back to where I came from. I come from here. Enough is enough.

Racism stops right here, right now.
    I'm sure you know from my posts over the years that I'm 100% behind you. What I've wanted to see for a long time is action taken against those media personages like Sam Newman, Dermott Brereton, Mark Fine and Eddie McGuire who have condoned the booing of Adam Goodes and by their support have encouraged racism. The Footy Show has been a disgrace in its racist, homophobic and sexist positions, although McGuire says it's the best thing that ever happened to football.

Listen to the support from the audience for Sam Newman's racist speech in this YouTube video and you'll see why the show should be pulled from the air.

There's no way I'm watching that.
    I don't watch that garbage on principal and I'm not an enabler.
    Marngrook is a much better show.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Ludwig;678668]I'm sure you know from my posts over the years that I'm 100% behind you. What I've wanted to see for a long time is action taken against those media personages like Sam Newman, Dermott Brereton, Mark Fine and Eddie McGuire who have condoned the booing of Adam Goodes and by their support have encouraged racism. The Footy Show has been a disgrace in its racist, homophobic and sexist positions, although McGuire says it's the best thing that ever happened to football.

Listen to the support from the audience for Sam Newman's racist speech in this YouTube video and you'll see why the show should be pulled from the air.

Yes, it's galling to think that someone whose idea of comedy is getting his penis out on tv can feel entitled to call anyone else a jerk, let alone Goodesy.
    And did you notice Newman's "look at me" costume when he participated in the Neil Daniher ice challenge to raise money for MNS a few weeks ago? And he thinks he's suitably qualified to make comments on race relations?

You can add Shane Warne, Alan Jones and Jason Akermanis to your list of media villains, Ludwig. And what do all of those guys have in common? Massive, massive egos. Egos that make them smugly impervious to criticism - "I got booed and it didn't bother me" - but also make them completely insensitive to the feelings of others. Sociopathic even. As Frances Leach said on the ABC last week, in the world of the AFL, philanderers, thugs and drug cheats don't get treated as badly as Goodesy has been. In fact, a lot of them end up being rewarded with jobs in the media!

[QUOTE=Sandridge;678675]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I'm sure you know from my posts over the years that I'm 100% behind you. What I've wanted to see for a long time is action taken against those media personages like Sam Newman, Dermott Brereton, Mark Fine and Eddie McGuire who have condoned the booing of Adam Goodes and by their support have encouraged racism. The Footy Show has been a disgrace in its racist, homophobic and sexist positions, although McGuire says it's the best thing that ever happened to football.

Yes, it's galling to think that someone whose idea of comedy is getting his penis out on tv can feel entitled to call anyone else a jerk, let alone Goodesy.
    And did you notice Newman's "look at me" costume when he participated in the Neil Daniher ice challenge to raise money for MNS a few weeks ago? And he thinks he's suitably qualified to make comments on race relations?

You can add Shane Warne, Alan Jones and Jason Akermanis to your list of media villains, Ludwig. And what do all of those guys have in common? Massive, massive egos. Egos that make them smugly impervious to criticism - "I got booed and it didn't bother me" - but also make them completely insensitive to the feelings of others. Sociopathic even. As Frances Leach said on the ABC last week, in the world of the AFL, philanderers, thugs and drug cheats don't get treated as badly as Goodesy has been. In fact, a lot of them end up being rewarded with jobs in the media!
    Sociopaths? From a distance, I'd guess that both Jones and Newman would score very highly on the Hare Psychopathy Checklist. While Akermanis and Warne are probably more along the lines of, larger than average ego, less than average intellect and far too much access to a microphone.

Veterans List
    It's hard not to think that those critics with a skerrick of self-respect won't look back on these comments in 10 years time and realise they got it horribly wrong. History won't be kind I suggest.

A black man is deemed to be a jerk for standing up to racism and they tell all and sundry that it isn't about race. Yeah good luck convincing anyone with an IQ higher than a pot plant of that fact.

Giant is spot on. History won't be kind to these dickheads.

Sam

the weak will always hide in numbers

the racists that incite are only a small proportion of the booing crowd in my opinion

BUT now they have been exposed and they don't like it !
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    It looked and sounded awesome on the TV.

I wonder if we can make this a regular thing?
    How would it work away from home??
    I would love to see this as a regular thing. The seventh minute of every third quarter we play. Much like WS Wanderers' fans celebrate with the Poznan for the whole of the 80th minute at every game they play (in memory of the first game of soccer played in western Sydney in 1880).

Could be a lasting legacy of this battle when No.37 is retired upon the retirement of Goodesy and a regular reminder to the rest of the league that racism has no place at the Sydney Swans or in the AFL.

Make it happen.

The Pozna? - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Long Term Injury List
    Many thanks to KTigers for the speedy delivery of our 37 shirts.
    My son & I will be wearing them with pride on Saturday.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by baskin View Post
    Many thanks to KTigers for the speedy delivery of our 37 shirts.
    My son & I will be wearing them with pride on Saturday.
    How do we PM KTigers for a shirt? I'm a bit slow