Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Round 13 Pre Match Thread - vs St Kilda at the SCG, Thursday 8 June, 7:10 PM

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    According to AFL tonight, Tom McCartin will miss as he still has concussion symptoms, Rampe is a chance
    The swans injury report for Tom seems more positive. Hopefully he no longer has concussion symptoms.

"Tom has commenced modified skills training and will continue to build his training loads over the next week. He won’t be available this weekend"

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    Hope the team is raring to go after the bye.

Not seen this week’s injury update, but hoping Rampe and Tom McCartin are back.

If they both come in, that would probably push Francis out.

We probably want to keep Melican in as well - get some value out of him before he gets injured again - so that leaves McAndrew or McLean as the other out if they drop a tall, or Wicks if they drop a small.

Only one win and percentage out of the eight, but we could also slip to 15th if we lose, Richmond beat Fremantle, Carlton beats Essendon, and GWS smash North.
    Wicks got 16 disposals, 2 tackles & 2.1 and was very good last game. Did that just pass in the night? Wicks stays.

Parker is out suspended. Clarke is probably next up to fill in mids? Heeney full time mids just resting forward? Does Amartey get a fitness tick. That would make things interesting.

Rampe will probably come back this week. Tommy McCartin is not being considered. Francis and Melican, do they hold their places? Do we use Rampe on Membrey? That would be good then Melican on King and Francis on the resting ruck. Maybe one of Blakey or Ollie to the mid mix.

Young Konstanty might be a good sub if the resides watchers think he deserves the chance. He was quite good last week apparently. But maybe Hall-Khan before him. There are many options. Then there are the new boys. Arnold is ready. Do we swing him in to play on King?

This is actually quite exciting because we have options for a change

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    The swans injury report for Tom seems more positive. Hopefully he no longer has concussion symptoms.

"Tom has commenced modified skills training and will continue to build his training loads over the next week. He won’t be available this weekend"
    Better than expected news re Amartey:

'Dane Rampe

Dane’s neck injury has improved significantly. He has trained solidly throughout the bye week and is expected to be available for selection against St Kilda.

Joel Amartey

Joel has trained fully over the past two weeks and will be assessed for a return to match play this weekend'

Source: Injury Update: Rampe set to return to play

It would be great if Amartey came back this week along with Rampe.

Agree Wicks stays. How capable is he of tagging a defender?

I thought McLean plays better when he doesn’t have to ruck … hope they think Amartey is ready to ruck first game back?

I can see them picking Stephens and playing Gulden more inside.

Which defender makes way for Rampe?

Amartey for McAndrew
    Stephens for Parker
    Rampe for Clarke!?!

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    I was also thinking Clarke. To me he looks even slower than last year. A week ago they said Mills was a chance. Obviously he did not progress as well as they had hoped. Great to have Rampe and Amartey back in the team. Looking forward to seeing the 2 new recruits but their game is on a Friday at 1.05 pm? Going to be difficult to watch.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    With Amartey, our job over the next eight to 10 weeks is to convince him to re-sign. That ultimately means a good stretch in seniors and him loving his football. Now, that could include a week or two in ressies to build his body properly. As long as the coaches are having the right conversations with him, which I’m sure they will, it should be cool.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    With Amartey, our job over the next eight to 10 weeks is to convince him to re-sign. That ultimately means a good stretch in seniors and him loving his football. Now, that could include a week or two in ressies to build his body properly. As long as the coaches are having the right conversations with him, which I’m sure they will, it should be cool.
    Yes, I think he is pivotal to our style. He is the strongest lead up forward we have.​ His agity, ground work, second efforts and tackling make him a major part of the equation.

I think maybe we need to replace Clarke. I was watching the Blues game and he was just too slow on several occasions. What's more, when he did get the ball he takes forever to make a decision. He has been good but maybe it is time to move him back to the reserves.

It looks like both new boys will play reserves. That is understandable. Rampe, Amartey, Stephens come in probably.​ How is Hickey? He has seemed a bit off in all matches he's played so far. Ladhams is a few weeks away too, so no help there. Stretch rotating with both McLean and Amartey would actually be very good. Stretch can get HO and is improving his ground work every week. His tackling is elite.

With Rampe back we can shuffle the board markers around. Maybe Ollie and Blakey through the mids at times in this game. Heens full time mid resting forward.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Rampe and Sheldrick in for McAndrew and Parker

Emg McAndrew Stephens Co.Warner Amartey

Assume Francis will shift forward

I a a little underwhelmed by the lack of change. Rampe is a welcome change but does Sheldrick come in as part of th e mids or as a forward who pinch hits in the mids and only gets about 40 minutes game time anyway?

Clarke is a little lucky we still have injuries and so is Harry even though he has been quite reliable since going back. But he still gets turned around by good opponents. If possible, I'd like to see Fox play the role Harry has been playing on the dangerous small to medium forwards. That is a role Fox excels in.

I hope we will be really competitive. But until we get Amartey back into the line up we will struggle to kick big scores. Logan as well. Those guys were waxing early season. I think with Buller putting pressure on the performances will get better.

As for the backs the same applies. Arnold putting pressure on our talls will make them better and soon he might be a part of our back 7.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Rampe and Sheldrick in for McAndrew and Parker

Emg McAndrew Stephens Co.Warner Amartey

Assume Francis will shift forward
    Why assume that? They have a resting ruck. They have brought in another tall in Owens. Who is going to play on the talls, Fox? Rampe needs to take Membrey. Who takes Owens, King and Camaniti? Melican to King. That leaves 191cm Owens and 196cm Camaniti. Who, if Francis goes forward, will take them? Blakey to Owens. But Camaniti is far too tall for Fox. Maybe Blakey takes Cameniti but that makes him a defensive back again on the last line. That does not work

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Membrey isn’t in their team but even if he was I wouldn’t see a problem with Rampe Fox and Melican matching up on them

Bringing Rampe in without omitting a defender means someone who played in the back 7 last week has to shift.

Leave Francis down back and release Ollie or Blakey

Ramps being our third tall is a dream come true

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast