Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Club Champion Dinner

Originally posted by Wardy
    Are your Mum and Dad paying for us all to stay there Bon? do pass on our appreciation and gratitude for their kind generosity
    You could all bunk in our room. Beds, you ask? No need, I answer. We'll all be partaying with tons of lollies and ice-cream! So, why sleep?
    Vicky Pollard: Oh my god I so can't believe you just said that this is like the time I threw Anita's nokia in the canal as a joke and she's like you have well got to buy me another one and I'm like get over it and then Paul came over who's adopted anyway and started saying that I fancy Mark Bennett but oh my god just because I have sex with someone doesn't mean I fancy them.

Originally posted by Wardy
    Are your Mum and Dad paying for us all to stay there Bon? do pass on our appreciation and gratitude for their kind generosity
    Yeah!! I checked there first - $250 / night at the Hilton

Shafted

I was called by Amanda today telling me the RWO table has been relegated to a side room for the B&F. The explanation was that greater than expected numbers of players family and sponsors caused the venue to be overbooked. I nearly cancelled on the spot.

If a sponsor decides it wants an extra table its yes sir, no problem sir. I am livid that the club thinks it can balls up its biggest social event of the year like this and then shaft loyal fans who booked early to ensure they got a decent table. We get a $30 discount and the pleasure of watching events on a bloody TV because we now have restricted viewing or are too far away.

Has anyone who booked separately from the RWO table copped this treatment?
    Pay peanuts get monkeys

That's outrageous! That's showing an amazing lack of regard for "the little people". Very disappointing.

I daresay you'll have a whole side-room full of people to talk to on the night who will be just as angry!!

177th Senior AFL Match - Round 4, 2009 - Sydney vs Carlton, SCG. This is obviously out of date. I suppose I'll update it once I could be bothered sitting down with the fixture and working it out....
    Des' Weblog

That really is pathetic - its all well and good to cater for sponsors, but if you have no members, sponsors won't bother putting money in anyway, because they'll be advertising to nobody.

Shame on you Sydney Football Club.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

On the Rookie List

Club Champ

I was also called today and moved to the room adjacent. It seems perfectly fine to me. We still get to see all the Highlights packages and the information on screen (the most important part) regarding the medal count as well as all the speeches that take place.

The club also said that the dance floor and band stage will be in the adjacent room, this would mean that all the players who hit the dance floor will come out to this room, where there will be less people and hopefully this will mean it is easier for us to talk to them.

I also asked about being able to go into the main room to see friends of mine that will be in there. They said that we are free to walk through into the main room to do this. Its loctaed about 5 metres away.

It was explained that there was unprecedented sales and that both sponsors and members will be located in this new area. So i think they are looking after everyone.

I think the club has done a great job on accommodating around 900 people (i think they said). I have been to the Club Champion for the last 4 years and they have not had over 600 guests.

At least they had the courtesy to call us and explain the situation rather than just dump us in the area with out our knowledge, and they are also provide a cost incentive for this move.

Id rather still be able to attend the night than be told i couldnt go at all. So i think you should all appreciate the efforts they went to to make this happen. I wouldnt want to do it.

Go the Swans, Happy with the Outcome

G

go_monty, do you work there ? Great job of plugging
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

On the Rookie List
    Originally posted by pillowtalk
    go_monty, do you work there ? Great job of plugging
    no just a call centre person myself, i work there in my dreams though. I think i should be the fitness coach

G

sorry go Monty - you cant be serious.

there are those of us who booked and paid straight away when the opening date came up - I will really object, especially to those who QBE will invite (namely one of my boses, who will go just to be seen and has no interest in AFL or the Swans!) who DO NOT PAY to go to this. If you are prepared to be shoved from pillar to post fine - I dont care about the discount its the principle!

Members - who pay their fee way in advance of the season starting, should be treated better rather than the hangers on that the sponsor decide might like a free night out just so aas they can get their business.

We were mucked around for the Team of the Century dinner in that we booked a table for 10 to get there and there were 3 people on it we didnt know - and 2 of our people had been ommitted - to sit somewhere else - but no one knew where - so we insisted that our freinds be on our table and that they had to fix it - so we had a table of 13 that really only fitted 10 - did we get an apology from the club? - not a peep.

Having said all that I will still go - but I find it a bit rich to fork out $160 - even $130 to have dinner and watch the TV!
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

That REALLY PISSES ME OFF!!

Especially after last years effort where I was shunted off to a table of strangers after specifically booking on the RWO table.

As Wardy says - who wants to pay $130 (plus other expenses) to watch TV.

Go Monty, you really got sucked in by Amanda's spin line. If the venue only held 600, and 600 have booked, then the club should have said sorry, it?s booked. Not accept extra corporates and relegate the "less important" people to second-class citizen status. It smacks of incompetence and arrogance to me. I'll be writing to Miles BH to express my opinion on this, and it will not be very complimentary I can assure you.
    Pay peanuts get monkeys

Shouldn't it be first in first served!
    You guys who booked and paid early and have been shunted really should demand a refund.

Lucky that they did actually contact you and not let you turn up on the night to find out.
    Last edited by Cher; 23rd August 2005 at 11:57 PM.
    CHER - Who has two types of blood cells "RED ones and WHITE ones"

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast